Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rechargeable AAAs – your recommendations please
  • danti

Currently using some couple of years old cheapos I think from Aldi – Ni MH 1000mAh which seem to be losing their charge pretty quickly running my Cree T6 head torch.

I know you’re supposed to let them fully discharge but I don’t fancy putting my life at risk with the drivers on my 25 minute commute so top them up at least twice a week and wondered if that was more often than average?

And what’s a good brand and capacity to use?
    Will 1800mAh last longer between charges than say a 1000mAh?

Cheers

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

The higher the mAh the longer the battery will last.

I’ve always got on with these. The instant ones hold their charge for ages.

http://vapextech.co.uk/

VanMan
    Free Member

I bought one of these mainly because it charges individual batteries, not pairs of batteries, pleasantly surprised at how good the freebie batteries were that came with it. Well worth a look and all I’ll be buying in the future.

onandon
    Free Member

Eneloop cells are all you need 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Asda 1000mAh have been doing the job very well for me.

Is there any way of swapping the three AAA’s for one 18650.?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m using the uniross hybrid cells. Hold their charge for ages when not being used and have a respectable capacity. I’ve also got a rather fancy charger to go with them which I hope will keep them in tip top condition for longer.

tonyd

Ansmann here.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I like Eneloops too, we have a house full of them (might be a slight exaggeration). That and a decent charger which does each cell individually to max capacity and you’re laughing. We’ve got a La Crosse BL-700.

steelyrider
    Free Member

I just these off ebay:

Energizer AAA 800mAh Extreme Rechargeable

But they also make 2300mAh aswell

They’re supposed to be designed for high drain devices such as cameras so thought I’d give them a try.

steelyrider
    Free Member

Forgot to mention…

I didn’t have a charger so I charge them in my land line phone handset, works a treat! 😀

Drac

7Dayshop’s own are very good and often they have deals.

papamountain
    Free Member

Eneloops.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Sanyo eneloops (the xXx version work well too)

or Ansmann.

if it’s AAA – you won’t get much higher than 1000 mAh.

Ansmann have some which they claim are 1100 mAh, if another brand claimed this much capacity, i wouldn’t believe them.

MarkLG
    Free Member

I’ve got a load of Duracell NiMh AAs – had them a while and still hold close to quoted charge.
    If you’ve got a lot of them, or use them frequently it’s worth investing in a decent quality intelligent charger like this.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rechargeable AAAs – your recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.