• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by dti.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Reccommend me a … LED head torch
  • Woodcutter
    Free Member

…for under £25, light weight, switchable between wide/focussed beam would be good. For general mincing about in the dark. Petzl and Lenser are prominent int shops. What’s best or are they all much of a muchness?

Jamie
    Free Member

Alpkit Gamma is my usual answer. It does not have beam focusing though.

I run in mine, so mincing should be fine.

P20

I bought one of THESE from ebay.Cheap and bright. Not sure on runtime, i haven’t used it much

CHB

Either alpkit or fenix. I have fenix and its brill.

nbt

Another vote for the alpkit gamma, great bit of kit for the price

Woodcutter
    Free Member

Cheers folks. The Alpkit looks like a steal at £12.50 so job done for me.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Self-confessed outdoor kit snob here, and had previously turned my nose up at Alpkit. However, the Gamma is a brilliant little torch and a steal a the price.

muddy@rseguy

Ditto for the Alpkit Gamma. Far more robust than my old Petzl Tikka plus that died during the 2010 D2D (to be fair, I nearly did too that night 🙂 )

Jolsa

I’ve been running with my Alpkit Gamma of late, and it does get a great press in general.

Have noticed this Silverpoint – Pro Guide LED for £15 that chucks out 150 lumens (in comparison the Alpkit Gamma is 88 lumens).

CountZero

I’ve got a headtorch I bought in Blacks in Bath some time ago, a Cyba-Lite, and it’s almost identical to those Alpkit lights, black with grey stripes on the headband instead of camo with an orange button. Really good little light, the head pivots on mine, which is very handy. That high power Silverpoint looks just too bulky, people will think you’ve got night sights on. 😀

Bez

Is there owt out there like a Zipka but with MOAR OF POWERS?

pcb
    Free Member

+1 for Alpkit Gamma

elzorillo
    Free Member

Yep.. just got the Alpkit. Great light.. great service. They even came with decent duracell batteries which was a nice bonus.

Thoroughly recommend them.

Jolsa

First run with the above mentioned Silverpoint – Pro Guide LED headtorch last night.

Having always used an Alpkit Gamma I have to say it blows it out of the water concerning brightness. 88 compared to 150 lumens certainly shows.

Worth a go if you’re into headtorch running.

dti

led lenser is good for me – the battery holder at the back gives a better balance imo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Reccommend me a … LED head torch’ is closed to new replies.