Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reba or Sid
  • islander

Planning on building a Giant Anthem 2010 frame up and swithering over choice of fork. Do general XC riding and occasional trail centre days. Was wondering what pros and cons were with the SIDs and Rebas as do seem pretty simillar. Have not ridden either fork but both seem to get good reviews and priced about the same.
    Cheers.

glenh
    Free Member

Do you want more than 100mm of travel? If so, Rebas.
    Rebas also come in cheaper versions than the SIDs if I recall correctly, if you are only after 100mm.

They are very similar really.

davefarmer
    Free Member

SID's equal more servicing, not much oil in those lowers, about 4ml compared to 10ml

glenh
    Free Member

Just put some more in

xc-steve
    Free Member

What about strength? With reba's having the 20mm Maxel option it would imply they're designed for a bit of a beating… Can sids take abuse or they just race light only?! Quite like the idea of stupid light front end, but do quite like hitting rock gardens at speed!

druidh
    Free Member

The Maxle swung it for me when I was building the Blur.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Ive found my Rebas feel a fair bit stiffer than my sids then that said my sids are a good 5 years older than my rebas. Both running standard QRs

vrapan
    Free Member

I am putting 2010 Race SIDs on my 2010 Anthem X – 329 from a very reputable store – not sure we are allowed to name them. Mainly for the price/weight ratio. I am fairly light so I doubt I will have a problem with stiffness.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Get whichever is the cheapest you can find with the black box damper.. ie, Teams. I've got a set of Reba Race and Team 09s and the Teams are definitely more stable at speed.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Rebas are beefier around the dropouts and also feature the powerbulge thing around the bushings, so are a bit stiffer.

xcstu
    Free Member

Sid's are lighter but on-one were doing a great deal on the reba team I had to get…

def recommend the reba!

IA

You bought a light "race" bike, shame to hang heavier kit on it. Get SIDs.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Rebas are beefier around the dropouts and also feature the powerbulge thing around the bushings,

SIDS have the powerbuldge Rebas don't AFAIK.

rob2
    Free Member

I've got both and I find they are both equally stiff and plush at 100mm. The rebas do need less tlc for some reason. If you're doing more trail stuff I'd go for reba teams, if more xc and race then the sids. Sid teams on merlin are 'only' 325 notes at the mo.

Or get magura durins ;-p

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

what does AFAIK mean?

blanche
    Free Member

As far as I know, IIRC.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Maybe just me, but I don't seem to be able to get the SIDs to be as plush as a Reba fork.

They seem to have a stiffer, racier action. More progressive through the travel.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reba or Sid’ is closed to new replies.