Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear shock eyelets going through them quickly is this ok ?
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Got a Zesty with a Fox float rear shock on. Had to replace the lower shock eyelet bush after about 5 months, which I thought was a bit soo, but all was fine however its knocking and started developing play again after only about 8-10 rides !! Is this normal ? OK all the rides have been in the real grotty conditions of mid winter, but its going to be a real pain if I keep getting through them at this rate ! Does this sound like normal wear rate. (its only the lower end that needs doing each time), does the weather and wet conditions accelerate the wear on these eyelets ? Is there anything I am doing wrong ? I heard a rumour that Muc-off is not that kind to them, but I dont know if this is just an old wives tale ?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Have you replaced both the bush and the eyelet insert or just the bush?

dt5714
    Free Member

Depends on your riding, a mate of mine goes through bushes on his Commencal Meta 5 at an alarming rate. Another mate used to go through quite a lot on his RM Slayer Sxc where as I on the same bike didn't. When I changed mine I swapped the normal Fox ones for a BETD needle roller bush which is lovely and is lasting a lot longer then the normal fox one. Drop them an email to check they will fit-I think they will be ok for yours.
    Not heard the muc-off thing myself.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Have you replaced both the bush and the eyelet insert or just the bush?

Just the eyelet

LoCo
    Free Member

Change both everytime to be on the safe side. A 'steel pin' (tube with spacers on either side) is a good bet if your worried about bushes wearing quick.
    BETD and some other do them, or the needle rollers but haven't used them myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock eyelets going through them quickly is this ok ?’ is closed to new replies.