• This topic has 20 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gary.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rear Car window prices
  • samuri
    Free Member

I need to replace a rear window on a car but I’m finding it very difficult finding prices on the internet. What I have found are horribly expensive so I’m getting a bit worried now.

Anyone got any ideas? Just a rough estimate would be appreciated.

It’s an old T reg Hyundai Accent if that helps.

Thanks

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

try a scrap yard or try a hyundai breakers would be the cheapish way and maybe easier to find

samuri
    Free Member

Lets say the owner of the car is insistant that it gets replaced immediately….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Three_Fish
    Free Member

Did you break somebody’s window?

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, purely by accident. I told him to get a quote and let me know but considering the car can’t be worth more than a few hundred quid I might have to just offer him some money and suggest he claim on his insurance.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, purely by accident. I told him to get a quote and let me know but considering the car can’t be worth more than a few hundred quid I might have to just offer him some money and suggest he claim on his insurance.

andrewh
    Free Member

I rode into the back of a 306 which was stopped at some traffic lihgts, completely my fault.
    Smashed his window into lots of very small pieces and knocked his spoiler off.
    He was very nice about it and even gave me a lift to the hospital to have stitches put into my face.
    My insurers bought him a new window and had is spoiler re-attached, it cost £276.
    But that was in 2001 and things may have gone up now.

samuri
    Free Member

I suspect prices will have gone up substantially. This guy was fine, accepted it was an aciideny but he’s clearly not very well off and I feel very guilty about it but if it’s silly money then the best I can do is cover his excess and add a bit extra on. His roof was dinted too and his aerial was broken too.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

last time I had one done it was £100 cash in hand (mate of a mate), quotes from autoglass were circa £400.

Best bet is to find a local back street place and gedt a quote from them. Shouldnt be more than £200 fitted

samuri
    Free Member

When you say your insurers, what do you mean. House insurers?

allthepies
    Free Member

His roof was dinted too and his aerial was broken too.

I’m intrigued, what happened ?

samuri
    Free Member

Rode into the back of a car that stopped suddenly at a roundabout. I went though the back window.

allthepies
    Free Member

Whoa! You OK ?

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah fine thanks. Just a bit shaken.

allthepies
    Free Member

Good stuff. I shall look forward to the write up on your website 🙂

TimS
    Free Member

Erm. If he stopped suddenly, and you hit him isn’t it his fault?

allthepies
    Free Member

If he stopped suddenly, and you hit him isn’t it his fault?

No, when following a vehicle it’s your responsibility to leave enough room to stop in time.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Autoglass?

samuri
    Free Member

I bet autoglass are expensive. I’ll wait and see what he comes back with and I’ll talk to my home insurance people, hopefully they will cover the damage, at least to his car. He said he would go to a back street garage so I’m hoping they’ll come back with a reasonable quote.

Totally my fault, I accept responsibility. The reason he stopped quickly was because a van came tear arsing round really quickly. I spent a bit too long looking at the van.

gary

Jon, its worth getting him to check the glass cover on his insurance.

Fully comp insurance normally has glass cover which won’t affect the no claims and you just pay the excess, but not sure if that extends to large blokes flying through the window 🙂

I just had my drivers door window replaced for just 65 quid after some scrote broke it early one morning.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rear Car window prices’ is closed to new replies.