Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • really odd ebay transaction…
  • RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I ordered an iPod for Mrs R as a birthday present.. OK I took a bit of a punt with this one, but it was an 8gig Chromatic Nano for $99 including shipping from HK. I got a receipt with a tracking ID. which I rang the royal mail after a couple of weeks and they said that a product with that id had entered heathrow and ‘was in the system’

I got an email today saying that i’d been given a refund. Very bizarre.. Anyone else had similar and should I be closing my paypal account? 🙂

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Have you logged in via paypal (not any links in the email) to see if the money is there?

Did you let the seller know the item hadn’t turned up?

What does the tracking number say now?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

yep the funds are in my paypal account..

royal mail.. your item is still progressing through our system!

I hadn’t contacted the seller as I expected it would arrive this week.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Seller still trading?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

yep, they said they had problems collecting the funds, but that’s really odd as i’d have thought they would have checked cleared funds before despatching (if they did)

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Withdraw the money and remove your automatic payment bank card/account details from paypal to be sure! That’s what i’ve done before, just to make sure i get to keep hold of it, when ebay/paypal weirdness has gone on with me before…

sq225917
    Free Member

file a standard complaint before the cut off date just incase they claim it was delivered.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘really odd ebay transaction…’ is closed to new replies.