Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anybody no about headsets?
  • rb123
    Free Member

hi i cant work out if 44mm is the standard headset size or not.
    the reason i need to no is i have a pair of tapered forks and i want to fit them to a 07 commencal mini dh im hoping to purchase. i think it might be possible with a new nuke proof headset. i just dont want to start splashing out till im sure.
    can anybody provide any answers it would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

JohnnyPanic

07 Commencal (any of them, not just the mini DH) won’t take a tapered fork. The headtube just isn’t big enough and there’s no way around that. Will only take 1 and 1/8th standard headsets.

uplink
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Dunno much about the headset, but does your bike have either a tapered headtube or a 1.5in one? If not, they won’t fit.

Youll need a standard 1.5in bottom race and (I think) either an internal to race that’s either a 44mm fit or a ‘reducer’ if it’s a 1.5in top race

Junkyard
    Free Member

standard size is 1 1/8 inch and 1.5 for taper

You need a tapered headtube to fit a taper fork to. I dont know if the one you mention is tapered or not but at a guess given age I would guess at no.

sparkerfix

If it’s a 44mm parallel headtube then this is standard size for zero stack IIRC. The nukeproof warhead 44IEES will work with tapered forks in 44 mm head tube. The lower cup is external 1.5″ and the upper is 1 1/8″ zero stack/semi integrated.

rb123
    Free Member

hi sparkerfix what is a 44mm parallel headtube? and what is zero stack IIRC?
    i think it is just your avarage size headset as on an orange or identiti.
    thanks i think i might be getting somewhere now

z1ppy

Picture says a thousand words:
    http://blog.sidewayscycles.co.uk/2011/03/25/1-5-steerer-integrated-headset/

Read the 1st comment down too.

oddjob
    Free Member

FFS the word is KNOW.

How have we had so many replies without mentioning that?! Wouldn’t happen over there >>

rb123
    Free Member

thanks a lot that really helped

JohnnyPanic

Did I not say ‘no way’ in the second post? Should have been EOT. Some people !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anybody no about headsets?’ is closed to new replies.