• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Really narrow mud tyre.
  • zippykona

Looking for something with a bit more bite than my 1.3 x 26 schwalbe cx pro.

PaulD
    Free Member

Do Conti still do the 26×1.5 Cross tyre?

I have a pair of Hutchinson CrossLite 1.25″ on a rigid Retro that I use on the roads in the Peaks….grip is better than I expected.

PaulD

Bimbler
    Free Member

26×1.5 Cross tyre

I’ve got a barely used one of these in the garage if you want it, maybe a pair dunno, a couple of years old now though.

binners

I’ve a set of Geax 1.5 folding Mud tyres. They’re really narrow but grippy.

They’ve been used for one ride – Hit the North – now sat in the shed if you’re interested? 25 quid posted?

Clobber
    Free Member

Schwalbe mud shark? think that comes in 1.5

zippykona

I really like the way a narrow tyre slices through mud.
    2.2s aquaplane do 1.8s slice or wallow?

bm0p700f
    Free Member

The geax barromud 26×1.7″ is still be available in some places. RJ chcikens the distributor have 27 left unallocated. They would be £15 each as well (I just called them as I have an account so I can buy them).

I run these and they are great through the mud, over slimey wood they are hopless – oh they roll really well and they also work on singletrack like that found in Thetford Forest. I son’t think they would be good over rocky ground especially in the wet.

njee20
    Free Member

The Conti Cross Country wasn’t a very good tyre, was narrow, but not that grippy IMO!

The 1.5″ Schwalbe Black Sharks (On One have them cheap I think!) are awesome if it’s really claggy!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I got some mud sharks from On-One uber cheap.

FOG

I still have a pair of Conti cross country hanging in the garage but I wouldn’t take the responsibility of selling them to anybody. Like njee I found them rubbish, they weren’t bad in thick mud but on anything else, including the road, they would slide unpredictably, nearly landing me under a car on one occasion.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Really narrow mud tyre.’ is closed to new replies.