Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Real difference between Revelations XX vs RLT ti?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Looking for some new forks and have 2 options;

Merlin Revs XX 20mm maxle £430

Loco Tuning RLT Ti 20mm maxle £460

I under standing that the XX has the Xloc remote but I would prefer a fork mounted lock-out (of the RLT ti). So what is the difference between XX Motion Control and Black Box motion control.

They will be going on a Yeti 5 for usual trail centre warrior stuff (and yearly Euro trip).

sam_underhill

All you need to know about Rockshox damping

Black box damping in an RLT Ti FTW IMHO

Leku
    Free Member

perfect. Many thanks.

RLT ti it is…

grimey
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight hijack but this has got me thinking a bit about motion control… That bike rumour article says that compression damping is adjustable by moving the blue compression knob on the top of the stanchion which adjusts the openness of the metal disc on the bottom of the motion control. So you can adjust the amount of oil that can flow through the valve and make compression harder or easier. OK.

It also says that the XX is the same as normal motion control but also has an XLoc remote and doesn’t have compression adjust. Is this because its remote activated and you either have lockout on or off and there is no in between? In which case are all rock shox remote lockout forks therefore a little bit inferior to crown mounted motion control forks because you can’t actually adjust the compression? Its either locked or unlocked?

Sorry that’s a bit rambling but I’m just wanting to try and get this clear in my mind before shelling out for some new forks. Ta!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Real difference between Revelations XX vs RLT ti?’ is closed to new replies.