Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Re 'Another cyclist dead'
  • globalti
    Free Member

FFS, how many times do I have to post this for forum members to understand it?

Put the non-emergency number for your local Police force on your mobile. In Lancashire it’s 0845 1 25 35 45. When you see bad driving, ring them and tell them you’d like them to take a report. As long as the reg, colour and make correspond they will tag the report to that car and when it is next seen by a patrol car equipped with ANPR the driver will be stopped for a chat and a producer. It may well be that there are reports already logged against that vehicle; if there are three or more the driver will get a home visit and risks having the car confiscated. We have dealt very effectively with three habitual speeders in our street in this way – they don’t speed any more.

Lancashire Police encourage people to report bad driving and I’m sure many others do as well.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

On flashing lights. I find it really difficult to judge a flashing light distance until I get very close. So I’d imagine others do to,

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s one of the things I see quite regularly now – people not being prepared to stop when pulling out of side roads, onto roundabouts etc seem to just expect to pull straight out. Nearly been taken out a couple of times by people joining the road I’m on both on the bike and in the car

Some people really think that mini roundabouts just don’t count. Especially if they are placed where it was once a thru road.
    About a year ago I posted about a motorist who stopped on one and yelled at me telling me so.
    I’ve got one at the end of my road and you literally have to give way to the right.
    Check to see how many people think that the national speed limit is 70 on all national speed limit areas.

ben
    Free Member

Just to echo globalti’s comments. It really can be worth reporting bad driving. One instance was where I’d been given abuse and forced off the road for no reason by a boy racer. After calling in with a complaint the West Yorkshire police popped round to dicuss the issue with the driver.

Turned out that it was his dad’s car who was none to impressed with the visit from plod. Said boy racer won’t be driving daddy’s car again – result! 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Its tricky in L’pool commuting. Just have to ride in the middle of the lane at lights etc. or you do get cut up. Mind you see quite a few cyclists who ride like dicks as well.
    The flashibg front light seems to annoy drunks in town rather a lot.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Re 'Another cyclist dead'’ is closed to new replies.