Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RC Winter series – 2hr and 4hr races – Rother Valley and Clumber Park
  • dawson

I’m tempted to enter this winter series as its local to me, and I fancy having a go.

I’m thinking of doing the 4hr (although I might be a bit knackered following the Cotswold Pootle!)

anybody on here doing it?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Was going to, but at £25 (I think) a race it’s a bit steep for what is essentially a grass roots event

dawson

agree to some extent on the price thing. I ride in Clumber twice a week as its my patch (we’ll gloss over the fact that they didn’t clear it with me first 😉 )

Paying £22 to ride on my local loop seems like quite a lot! I appreciate they have costs to cover with insurance etc, but £88 for the full series is a fair whack.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

we charge £15 for a 1 hour 45 race, we do discount the series/ pre entries a lot as it gets cash in the bank. £22 for 4 hours isn’t too bad in £’s/ min

It’s a new organiser, I have chatted to him and think it’s great that there is another race series to have a go at. MTB racing is difficult to organise, everyone thinks you are making a fortune* and no-one wants to pre-enter these days giving the organiser grey hairs.

I would suggest you support it, if you have suggestions email him and help get it established.

*we don’t make a fortune

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s a long time since I’ve been through RV park but isn’t it a bit dull for racing?

h4muf
    Free Member

So is CX Podge but it doesn’t stop them! 😀

penglish1
    Free Member

Am think of doing but 25 pound to ride in clumber park is a bit steep, especially in the middle of winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RC Winter series – 2hr and 4hr races – Rother Valley and Clumber Park’ is closed to new replies.