Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RAW Processing software for Windows
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

My old copy of Rawshooter seems to have died a death so I am now looking for a new piece of software for processing RAW files from my camera. I’m well out of touch with the current stuff as I was happy with Rawshooter so I’m in need of recommendations.

Anybody got any good suggestions for quality RAW processing software, similar to Aperture, but for the PC?

Cheers

Cougar

Lightroom seems to be weapon of choice these days.

Picasa’s reasonable for free.

5thElefant
    Free Member

DXO is excellent (but isn’t free)
    Rawtherapee is very good (and is free)

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Lightroom is excellent and Adobe Camera Raw bundled with Photshop Elements is good, if you have a Canon their DPP software is pretty decent too

Only problem with Adobe is depending on the age of your camera, if its fairly recent it won’t always work with older versions of their software

What camera do you have? only asking because I have PSE 6 on disc that you could have au gratis (long as I can find it)

GrahamS

I use CaptureNX 2 which is excellent (IMO) but it’s only for Nikon RAW/NEF files.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m using a Canon 20d fwiw.

I’ve downloaded a trial copy of Lightroom so going to give that a go for a bit and see how I get on but might be back here for some more recommendations depending on how I get on.

MrSmith
    Free Member

capture one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RAW Processing software for Windows’ is closed to new replies.