Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • RATM does it!
  • davidrussell
    Free Member

GIRUY cowell!

Rochey
    Free Member

I voted, fingers up Mr Cowell

Pook

"I'd just like to congratulate Joe and Simon on having the number two single"

class

😀

monkey_boy
    Free Member

made my christmas!

"PURCHASE POWER"

cant belive cowell said it was the bad weather that stoped fans buying the single…. hahahahahahahahaah

scraprider
    Free Member

lol pook, i was in stiches at that point , great stuff.deffo gonna be banging it out on xmas day.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Certainly going to liven up all the Christmas compilation albums from now on 😀

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I heard that the push behind the xfactor lad was dropping the single to 29p to compete. I'm so chuffed, best couple of quid I have spent this year and a storming tune to boot.

I can just see it now – up and down the country, teenage lads asking 'get that shite off the radio Dad and stick on some Rage Against The Machine!!!' Certainly my Son!

igm

29p well spent then 😀

What we going to knock XFactor off the top with next year?

Something by The Levellers maybe?

monsta
    Free Member

On the RATM website:

"RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE have just announced that if their single "KILLING IN THE NAME" is number one on the Christmas Week UK pop charts over the single from X-Factor winner they WILL PLAY A HUGE FREE CONCERT IN THE UK TO CELEBRATE THE VICTORY OF THIS HISTORIC PEOPLE'S CAMPAIGN!!!! If the unprecedented grassroots movement to topple the X-Factor monopoly is successful in making Rage number one the group will return to UK shores sometime in 2010 for a massive "thankyou" gig. And get this…Rage have vowed to invite 2nd Place finisher, X-Factor empressario Simon Cowell, to MC the show!"

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I can just see it now – up and down the country, teenage lads asking 'get that shite off the radio Dad and stick on some Rage Against The Machine!!!' Certainly my Son!

Or more accurately, hundreds of middle aged dads bouncing round the living room swearing, while their teenage kids sigh to themselves "call that music? pah, rubbish!"

igm

Zulu – My son likes it too – he's only three though

singletrackmind

THe Looser was in the chart show studio at Radio1 to hear the great news , but they announced he was 'delayed' so didnt comment. Unfortunatly the magic of radio was spoiled by the webcams, and you could see him.
    I bought the RATM single , and am more than happy that Jo isnt No.1

juiced
    Free Member

Good news!!!

mboy
    Free Member

Bloody Brilliant news this is…

"British Public get off their asses and vote against the system for the first time in over a decade" shocker… Bloody awesome…

Let's leave the Reality TV and talent shows in the Noughties eh… Roll on January 1st and perhaps a return to Popular Culture being decided by the masses, and not just teenage girls!

Christ, we might even get a general election sometime, in which people might actually turn out to vote! 😉

Ewan
    Free Member

igm – anything sold for under 40p does not count towards the charts. Your 29p just went to Sony. Same as the money spent on xfactors.

Really sticking it to the man there.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup RATM have said they will honour the free concert at some point in 2010 when they can come together and arrange it! I remember it first time around in 1992 however Radio 1 will never play the full unedited version which has 17 "fu**s" in it and culminates in Zack de la Rocha screaming "**** you, I won't do what you tell me! Motherf***er!"

Excellent the first X factor winner NOT to have a Christmas number 1 bet he feels shite!

brant
    Free Member

igm – anything sold for under 40p does not count towards the charts. Your 29p just went to Sony. Same as the money spent on xfactors.

wrong

nickname
    Free Member

Really sticking it to the man there.

The 29p version does count for some retailers.

The 40p minimum is the price the retailer has to buy it for. Some retailers (Amazon at least) sold it at a loss.

mboy
    Free Member

The 40p minimum is the price the retailer has to buy it for. Some retailers (Amazon at least) sold it at a loss.

Awesome! Massive international retail organisation has got a sense of humour and backhandedly supported RATM in their campaign to be UK number 1 for Christmas!

Also glad my 29p did count in the end too… 😉

kennyp
    Free Member

So one act signed to Sony has beaten another act signed to Sony? Wow, great victory for the wild and crazy rebels there then, eh.

myheadsashed

TOTP on Christmas Day :mrgreen:

PJ266
    Free Member

Kennyp – YOURE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Well done to soma_rich for highlighting on here 🙂

sadexpunk

aye, its not sposed to be one in the eye for sony. its just a dig at x-factor and all that sh*te. harmless bit of fun thats made a lot of people happy. cant see the problem 🙂

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

The question is: "Where's the best place to troll X-Factor fans?"

With football, I just trot over to the relevant clubs website and pitch in…

Coyote
    Free Member

Like it, TPTF, like it.

igm

Ewan – Member

Really sticking it to the man there

I'd checked it would count on Amazon before I down loaded it – as I already own the album (worth it by the way) I would have been pretty daft otherwise.

How about Sell Out by The Levellers for next year?

andrewh
    Free Member

I'm gutted. This means I now have a mainstream record in my collection, it will have to go. (yes, I have CD from way back when).

Never watched the Kareoke on the telly myself, he might be very good for all I know, but it's got to be a good thing to get some variety into the charts for a change. There is so much good new music out there at the moment, it's a shame it all gets burried beneath these bland Westlife/Spicegirls types.

Wiksey
    Free Member

That has topped off the year! Fantastic!

Curly68
    Free Member

Surprised it made it but happy it did. Two fingers up to the reality shows. Haven't watched any this year since the wife left me. Its been bliss in so many ways!!

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

How about Sell Out by The Levellers for next year?

Iggy's "I'm bored" maybe?

mamadirt
    Free Member

YYYYYesssss!!!! 😀

vrapan
    Free Member

The sad part is that if anything they sold more than they would have without that stunt. The people that were going to buy it bought it, the ones that were not going to buy it might have bought RATM and some that were not going to buy either might have chosen a side just for the heck of it. So it was free publicity for them.

nickc

So to recap, a record that other folk told you to buy has made the top of the charts instead of…erm…another record that other folk wanted you to buy…

Baa baa baa ….

zangolin
    Free Member

Proposals for 2010 Christmas number 1?

1. Sex Pistols – Fri**in in the Riggin
    2. Prodigy – Smack my B*tch Up
    3. Tenacious D – Kikapoo

I think the X-Factor winner next year will play it safe + cover RATM's Guerilla Radio.

Apparently RATM frontman Zack de la Rocha has signed up to be a judge on UK X-Factor 2010.

kennyp
    Free Member

Kennyp – YOURE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!!

I possibly am, but what exactly is the point? If you like music (of any sort, and no matter what other people say) then buy it and listen to it. Fair enough, everyone's taste is different. But if you're buying something to try and stop something else achieving some pointless acolade, then yes, I probably don't see the point.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

The sad part is that if anything they sold more than they would have without that stunt. The people that were going to buy it bought it, the ones that were not going to buy it might have bought RATM and some that were not going to buy either might have chosen a side just for the heck of it. So it was free publicity for them.

Maybe, or maybe it was just a laugh…

But a free advert for those concerned about such things:
    Go buy something from somewhere like Magnatune, you might find something new that you haven't heard but is really rather good 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

brill.hope they come up north a bit to do a gig.great first album and kitno is brill too.:::puts it into cd tray as i type::

bombbbbbbbb trackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

igm

There was no point, it was a stunt – but for 29p I'm still giggling…

Pink Floyd – Have A Cigar?
    Terrorvision – Pretend Best Friend (think Simon Cowell and any XFactory type)?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

possibly am, but what exactly is the point? ……. But if you're buying something to try and stop something else achieving some pointless acolade, then yes, I probably don't see the point.

Well if you can't see the point, then it's because you're not looking hard enough.

By supporting a huge campaign to stop the X Factor single becoming the Christmas number one, all those punters have shown how little they care about the X Factor, and how unimportant the show is to them.

They have also proved just how much they value what makes it to the Christmas number one slot.

Personally I don't know much about the singles in question. I'm not even sure if I've heard the single by whats-his-name who won the X Factor. But that's possibly because I haven't been paying enough attention.
    Despite having watched the X Factor a fair bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘RATM does it!’ is closed to new replies.