Viewing 13 posts - 601 through 613 (of 613 total)
  • Raoul Moat/John Rambo
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

When I put on the radio this morning and heard the news I couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for him. Guess circumstances in life can drive people over the edge.

Drac

Well it was only a matter if time before the cocks started posting.

donsimon
    Free Member

If the guy had a history of violence towards his children, then he was failed by the system. This is the money I was thinking about, if he had a mental illness then he should have been dealt with by professionals. Care in the community? Clearly doesn't work.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Go **** yourself.

No. 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Thing is – If it had been a sane man who was on the run and a threat, then I'd be first in the queue saying good resolution, another scumbag bites the dust!

unfortunately, I think in this case its fairly clear that he probably wasn't

I also begin to hear details come out that apparently he'd been arrested something like fifteen times, charged twelve, and only found guilty once, along with stuff about them stopping his car a hundred times in five months – now, that does make you begin to wonder if the allegations of police victimising the bloke are true, not saying he's blameless, but certainly its possible that he was pushed over the edge, in which case someone needs to reflect on how it came to this…

Other local people overheard some of the negotiations that took place between Moat and the police before he apparently turned his gun on himself.
    A guest-house owner, who did not want to be named, told the BBC: "He actually said, the one thing that sticks in my mind, 'I haven't got a dad'… and he also said that, 'nobody cares about me'."

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

So it's emerged that the police fired a tazer at Ra' Moat. I wonder was that before, during or after he shot himself. The audio clip sounds like multiple shots. At least 2.

CarryGrant
    Free Member

There is no amount of “victimisation” that justifies him procuring weapons which he used to kill one person and seriously injure two others. Neither does the planning of his actions and the assistance he sought from 3rd parties suggest to me someone mentally ill or “pushed over the edge”.

He was a person whose own actions and choices brought bad things into his life, but rather than accept any responsibility, he convinces himself he’s a blameless victim.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Hmm – I wonder if the taser being fired was what led Moat to shoot himself. On the basis that he had his finger on the trigger of the shotgun and had a shed load of electricity fired through his body which caused his muscles to contract. Lets face it – the guy in the pic up there somewhere doesn't look like he's the most responsible person in the world and certainly not one that should be let lose with firearms.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

jimmyshand

Lets face it – the guy in the pic up there somewhere doesn't look like he's the most responsible person in the world and certainly not one that should be let lose with firearms.

Probably why they gave him the tazer.

"Awww lads..why can't I get a fookin gun??"

"There ya go gurning johnny, play with that tazer but don't bloody shoot it at anyone…"

yunki
    Free Member

I was watching BBC news 24 last night as everything unfolded…Very exciting.
    It was great for the people of Rothbury that the Police placed a cordon around Rauol Moat. It was bitterly disappointing for the rest of the world that it was not James Corden.
    Two birds… one stone… missed opportunity quite frankly.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Feeling sorry for him was my first thoughts. He was a complete ****t to do what he did. There are a lot more out there on the edge I suspect.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Mr W will soon remind us that he'd spend even longer going on about it if only he'd not been told to "give it a rest".

I'd spend even longer going on about it if only I'd not been told to "give it a rest".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'll give you that one 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 601 through 613 (of 613 total)

The topic ‘Raoul Moat/John Rambo’ is closed to new replies.