Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Range Rover Evoque – wtf???
  • Aristotle
    Free Member

Its not about what is fit for purpose, its about what the Joneses next door have.

They have a Mondeo….

..and so do we.

Oh.

molgrips
    Free Member

Its not about what is fit for purpose, its about what the Joneses next door have

Not exactly. It IS about what you want, but it's shallow to say that that's only influenced by what your peers have.

Otherwise we'd want either a Honda Civic petrol, a knackered old Passat, a Polo, a Mazda 3, a Yaris, a Focus or an A3.

Oops!

PJM1974
    Free Member

50-70mpg?

My #rs3 it does…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Throwaway comment made on internet fails to encapsulate all possible scenarios shocker.

duntmatter
    Free Member

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh, interesting. According to wiki, it's got an 8 speed gearbox and a parallel hybrid system involving electric drive to the rear wheels on a FWD car. Very interesting.

And tons of carbon bits and what not. And 60mpg combined…

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like a Kuga

It's white anyway.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

lol adh

Check the T&Cs of the forum – by posting you make a legal contract to be subjected to escalating levels of pedantry

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ooh, interesting. According to wiki, it's got an 8 speed gearbox and a parallel hybrid system involving electric drive to the rear wheels on a FWD car. Very interesting.

And tons of carbon bits and what not. And 60mpg combined…
    So I didn't completely mis-hear it then.

Now where is that raspberry-blowing avatar?….

wwaswas

And tons of carbon bits

it'll end in tears, I've read all the 'carbon is alright as a basis for life but has no place in a method of transport' threads on here.

ourmaninthenorth

by posting you make a legal contract to be subjected to escalating levels of pedantry

Hoisted. Petard. Etc.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I quite like these crossover vehicles. I don't want or need a 4WD, but I think my wife's Suzuki SX4 (2WD) is a cool looking car and a really "easy" driving position. It got me to Fort William and back very comfortable thanks, and with good views of the hills too 🙂

The jury is out for me on this Evoque tho'

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As I said earlier, I quite like the look of it – it needs to be blinged-up a bit though, it doesn't quite look flash enough yet.

large418
    Free Member

There's a lot of speculation in the press, so don't believe everything you read/hear.

The press make up (and many believe) lots of stuff. And often misinterpret what the Manufacturer tells them.

So, the claims for 70mpg may not be true now, but one day they will be, likewise carbon bits and 0-60 on 1.5 seconds from a 600cc single cylinder.

Can't you lot knock some foreign cars instead of the stuff that keeps British Manufacturing alive?

molgrips
    Free Member

Shame that they can't put their British manufacturing skills to something more eco-friendly tho. All that tech in an aerodynamic hatchback would be something to be proud of and get more than 60mpg.

Note that we do knock foreign cars too. If it's daft, it gets knocked. British people aren't special.

konabunny
    Free Member

It's a rufty-tufty-looking car for people who want to have an 'image' whilst they drive around urban areas and have no need to cross the desert.

Much like most existing Land Rover/Range Rover drivers, then.
    [Insert urban myth about 90% of LRs/RRs being registered in London]

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Morgan and Gordon Murray are doing much more interesting eco tech cars.

Land Rover give us the typical over engineered & over equipped cars, designed increasingly for ego massaging instead of actual off road use.

molgrips
    Free Member

Who's Gordon Murray?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Designed the Mclaren F1

molgrips
    Free Member

I googled it. Kind of like a smart but more so.

It's about time peopel started really working on eco cars. The more that are around and actually work, the less people will end up obsessing over the finer points of handling or torque curves and crap in their overly powerful ego chariots.

Personally I think the Nissan Leaf is one of the most important eco cars coming up.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Personally I think the Nissan Leaf is one of the most important eco cars coming up.

You would have thought they would have made the website work then wouldn't you 👿

(I can't get it to run in either Chrome or Firefox on a PC running Windows 7)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just managed to make it work in Safari on my Mac.

Form><Function (the site that is, not the car). Bl00dy horrible experience.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Not trying hard enough. I'll be interested when someone does something like this to one..

Aiiii?

Northwind

Is it just me, or does it look like a Scirocco that's been inflated?

Who really gives a shit?

Seriously – I think it looks great. It might well be a bit crap, it may well be fantastic. If you want one and can afford it, then buy one, if you don't like it, then so what?

FFS, it's a car!

konabunny
    Free Member

you're not really getting the hang of this "discussion board" thing, are you? 😆

votchy
    Free Member

It's only temporarily going to keep UK manufacturing jobs, freelanders are going out to india in kit form soon, won't be long before they are building them full on in India, then China, Mexico… Rumour has it the announcement of one of the JLR plants closing will be made a week next thursday, the day they finish for summer shutdown 😥

For that price, I'd rather have a Nissan Qashqai+2 or an Audi Q5.

LHS
    Free Member

+1 for the Audi Q5 but they have a tiny weeny boot.

Like the look of that Range Rover.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Evoque? I could have sworn it had Vogue on the back at the press launch. Evoque? Sounds a bit like cock…..
    All looks and the marketeers will love it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nissan Qashqai+2

😯

Nissan Qashqai's are downright horrible

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I hired a SquashedKey once and it was utterly terrible. The "handling" was downright dangerous and it was just a miserable experience. No no no.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I like it and would love to have one. In metallic cherry as white looks daft when dirty.
    When you drive in the country and can't see any scenery as you sit low such a car is a god-sent.

m0nster2
    Free Member

I can assure you, it's wonderful to drive.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Range Rover Evoque – wtf???’ is closed to new replies.