Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Random Friday Question… Stag weekend, fashion & golf content
  • billybob
    Free Member

I'm going on stag weekend at a Golf hotel this weekend where there will be golf on offer. Having never been to a place like this before is there any kind of dress code one should adhere to?

This is coming from a person who generally wears jeans, skate shoes & brightly coloured t-shirts in most situations…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I went to a stag do at a golf course and we all completely took the pi55 with "comedy" gold outfits. Somehow didn't get thrown out.

Be daft – it's more fun.

clubber
    Free Member

Unless the place has rules then wear what you want… what you normally wear sounds fine to me..

billybob
    Free Member

Being daft is definitely the way forward, but it'd be entirely possible I'd be the only daft one, as I only know the stag – so having all his regular mates thinking who the hell is the mental Cornishman wearing stupid clothes would make the wedding interesting in a few weeks.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Surely baggy look and hockey stick is the way forward:

Is the hotel local?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

They generally insist on a collar (so polo shirts are OK) and trousers rather than jeans or combats.
    Some are more stuffy about it than others and insist on ankle socks if you're wearing shorts etc.
    Just remember the wise words of Happy Gilmore…
    "Hey, if I saw myself in clothes like those, I'd have to kick my own ass".

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Most decent clubs will require a collared shirt (non logo'd e.g. footie),
    trousers (not jeans or combats) or long shorts and socks, no hoodies or big logo'd sweats. For the clubhouse a pair of shoes (not trainers or spikes) and for the course most will insist on golf shoes.

Not sure if it's a place that regularly has stag do's. Pay and play municipal courses aren't usually as fussy, but the standard of course/facilities usually reflects that.

Best to give them a call.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Random Friday Question… Stag weekend, fashion & golf content’ is closed to new replies.