Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Random 'flying with' question…
  • Pyro

Flying out to an Ultramarathon tomorrow, and of course want to carry the energy gels and drinks powders I’ve been training with. But, of course, also want to avoid having to pay SleazyGet 30 quid just to check a bag in.

So, anyone else flown with such stuff in hand luggage, and how likely are they to raise eyebrows with burly security blokes with elbow-length rubber gloves?

Cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Under 100ml and will ALL of it fit in the little plastic bag?

I hate flying Sleazyjet. They make it insufferably awful.

iDave
    Free Member

gel sachets are fine as are drink powder sachets – hope you’re bringing pork pies and scotch eggs too?

Pyro

Picking those up out there, Dave, and the feed stations are stocked with sausage, cheese and tea.

Not taking that many gels so they should all fit in the little bag if needs be, just didn’t want to end up with the insufferably minging gels I ended up with last time I did a race on The Continent.

iDave
    Free Member

what’s the race?

Pyro

Grand Raid des Pyrenees.

Mintman
    Free Member

I had to eat a plate of chicken liver pate at security the other month as they didn’t believe it wasn’t a dangerous substance. 😕

I said I’d eat it in front of them and did just that; damned if I was going to waste it!

So no idea how they’ll respond to gels but good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Random 'flying with' question…’ is closed to new replies.