Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ramp testing
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Anyone on here had one? I’ve booked in for one with my club and curious to know others experiences/feedback.

Did you get similar heart rates to what you’d get/expect in a race situation?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup, twice.

I’d done my own max type test rides and raced, the figures weren’t miles out.

It’s ****ing hard, you’ll love it 😀 knowing your max power is nice too, I think I was 420W or so.

crazy-legs

Yeah, a couple of times both back when I was racing properly and also once as a guinea pig for some university research stuff. Certainly never paid for them!

Brutally tough, you effectively go to the point of collapse. Highest HR I’ve ever seen was on one of those things, a good 10bpm higher than I’d ever managed in racing.

Very interesting though both from a racing point of view and from general biology/physiology interest.

wellhung
    Free Member

I’ve had two both with different max heart rates, different methods were employed though. As has been said interesting from a personnal point of view.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m getting it done for £10 to see if i can make the race squad and monitor progress from the training that the coach will recommend for me, so its cheap and i’m also interested in it too, being a number geek for fitness things 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

I thought DGOAB had gone all dirt jump on us when I read the thread title!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ramp testing’ is closed to new replies.