• This topic has 62 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Ragley FS Prototype
  • brant
    Free Member

Stuff that’s staying the same for production:-

http://shedfire.posterous.com/stuff-thats-probably-staying-the-same-for-pro

kelvin

(I like the top tube, reminds me of Sim’s old Slopestyle)

AlexSimon

Bits that are staying the same look good to me.
    It will be interesting how/if you manage to fit the appearance in with the rest of the range.
    As long as it looks better than the Pace FS range it should do well!

messiah
    Free Member

Family resemblance to this would make sense…

… and make it rather sexy 😉

hora
    Free Member

Re the FS; No offence but is that a rebranded Be One or Da Bomb? 8)

andyl
    Free Member

I quite like it.

but then I also like the 3 finger chainstay.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Doesn’t look too bad from here? Must just be me.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Had I not recently purchased another FS bike, this would definitely be on my list.

Although it’s very shortsighted to judge a bike by it’s aesthetics, I’m very keen on it.

Good luck Brant et al, I hope to try one of these out next time I’m in the market for a new bike.

JonR
    Free Member

The linkage looks very like the iron horse mk3.

brant
    Free Member
    messiah
    Free Member

Ashtray looks rather hard to reach down there

AlexSimon

@Messiah – it it was based on the Troof (TrooFS?) then it would look a bit like this…

Not too bad at all! (although I probably wouldn’t bridge the rear triangle like that).

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks ok but as with all the newest Ragleys not something I would want to spend so much money on, yes that’s purely down to aesthetics and being a tart. I’m sure it’s great to ride.

messiah
    Free Member

Nice one AlexSimon 😆

Sodajim

I must be getting old but as long as it handles brilliantly and doesn’t cost a fortune like most fs frames now I don’t really give a monkeys what it looks like.. If you can keep it under a grand I’m interested

hora
    Free Member

Thats just it. The bar is now set high for full suspension frames. The quality is higher than ever before IMO. Its not enough alone to have a pretty frame or a great handling-fugly frame. They have to be BOTH.

You can take your pick from across the board really when it comes to attractive/sorted frames so theres no need to knee-jerk and say ‘yeah but its not all about the looks’.

Even Specialized have started turning out more and more attractive propositions and (to me) they were king of the sorted-ride but not great looking frames 😆

andyl
    Free Member

is that before or after the dog poo?

Looking at the box section where the shock mounts into – is the rear pivot point in there too?

And ditto to the above -if it rides well and is a good price then I will be very interested too. Bit longer on the hard tail then full bounce for me – the shorter travel of the 2 though probably (boo).

as for based on the troof – is that not going to be overly heavy? What kind of use are you designing for or competition are you pitching against?

_tom_
    Free Member

That photoshopped Troof full susser looks great (apart from the curved seat stays)!

AlexSimon

But if you didn’t curve the seatstays, you wouldn’t be able to get that nice straight line from top tube down the stays!

mountainman123
    Free Member

daveyboywonder ????????

andyl
    Free Member

not going to a straight line as soon as the suspension moves 😉

PJM1974
    Free Member

Even Specialized have started turning out more and more attractive propositions and (to me) they were king of the sorted-ride but not great looking frames

I’d argue that since the 2004 Enduro, in the main Spesh frames seem to look very samey and indistinctive, relying instead on some truly gopping paint jobs.

The very latest Enduro and Stumpjumpers are quite nice though.

hora
    Free Member

Agree on the paint choices. Almost an after-thought to a bet

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Ragley FS Prototype’ is closed to new replies.