• This topic has 62 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Ragley FS Prototype
  • trailflow
    Free Member
    ltheisinger
    Free Member

Quite nice in a ‘normal’ sort of way….

steve_b77
    Free Member

Top tube looks rubbish IMHO

Whats with the extra brace on the DS seat/chain stay?

jedi

looks like a pace

pastcaring
    Free Member

maybe this will clear things up

New Ragley Prototype Revealed

Shandy
    Free Member

The article says its a mechanical prototype, the tube profiles will change on the finished article.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Holy lack of standover 😯

steve_b77
    Free Member

Whats a mechanical prototype, checking teh suspension works?

ampthill

Don’t say FS is the new niche! Where’s the suffering in that.

duntstick
    Free Member

Mechanical prototype means build a cross between a Mondraker, Trance, Cotic amongst others and see who whinges about patents after you release a pic or two…….

pastcaring
    Free Member

duntstick – Member
    Mechanical prototype means build a cross between a Mondraker, Trance, Cotic amongst others and see who whinges about patents after you release a pic or two…….

😀

scaredypants

Is it just me that hates the ragley website ?

Too “designed” for my liking; all this half-shown info. I’m sure it’s supposed to have me wetting my pants in anticipation but, frankly, it just makes me suspicious of the product.

It’s OK – I’m ready with the birch twigs

rOcKeTdOg

jeepers, i hope that’s not the finished article

simondbarnes

I can’t believe that the valves are lined up so badly with the tyre logos. Shocking really.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Old style cranks also

duntstick
    Free Member

It would be a good name for the range that…………….The Ragley FFS, The Ragley WTF, etc….. ;0)

Only joshing, I like really.

M6TTF
    Free Member

hopefully the production bikes will look great, coz that thing is plain fugly, makes a 5 looks great LOL

tazzymtb

Don’t say FS is the new niche! Where’s the suffering in that.

it has no pedals so there will still be suffering involved as you have to scoot it along

househusband

Old style cranks also

Teehee… have the old XT’s on both bikes; several years old and numerous BB’s and rings – but they still do the job!

RagTi
    Free Member

I hope it is only a “mechanical” prototype, steep, no standover with a confused look thrown in,….just looks like many other FSers but not half as nice. But then again it does have that charming industrial, no nonsence look about it.
    hmmmmm

ash

Holy lack of standover

no standover

More standover than without the TT bend 🙂
    Has it occured to you that the one pictured might be quite a big frame?
    🙂

mountainman123
    Free Member

99% of prototypes are a medium size frame 18/19 inch.
    I must agree with most people on this topic, that bike is HORRID, no thought at all has gone into building that, looks cheap, box standard design, i just hope there will be great changes to the mass produced version! but then again why make something to test if everything will be changed for manufacture, i can see Ragley building what will probably be almost identical to this awefull prototype.
    Lets put it this way there are far nicer looking bikes out there, 2012 could be the end to Ragley, i am led to believe they have massive problems this year with some models and im sure they will have next year if they are going down this line of building bikes that look like this.

rOcKeTdOg

Massive problems? Such as?

thepodge
    Free Member

such as people not understanding what mechanical prototype means. oh and a large dose of inter rumour and speculation

brant
    Free Member

mountainman123 – Member
    99% of prototypes are a medium size frame 18/19 inch.
    I must agree with most people on this topic, that bike is HORRID, no thought at all has gone into building that, looks cheap, box standard design, i just hope there will be great changes to the mass produced version! but then again why make something to test if everything will be changed for manufacture, i can see Ragley building what will probably be almost identical to this awefull prototype.
    Lets put it this way there are far nicer looking bikes out there, 2012 could be the end to Ragley, i am led to believe they have massive problems this year with some models and im sure they will have next year if they are going down this line of building bikes that look like this.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

you ok fella? early start?

brant
    Free Member

Massive problems? Such as?

Our steel frames have been delayed. I think that’s all. I can’t think of anything else. Massive problem? Hm.. It’s been quite annoying, but thats it really.

Steel frames are a different factory, different agent. They’re also staying for at least a year, to ALLOW us to concentrate on this FS project with a completely different team. If the steel frames had been early, I’d probably have been tempted to do another revision to them – which might well have impacted on the FS stuff. so in a way it was quite good.

ps: top tube will change for production, geometry too. rear dropout, other stuff too.

We might throw some graphic ideas up today, if @Mattmagic decides to. He put that pic up yesterday when I was sat talking to Ben @ Recycle and wiping dog shit off the rocker link. Dirty Ben.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

I don’t like the font on the graphics.

Bike looks good though.

brant
    Free Member

I don’t like the font on the graphics.

Here’s the original shot without graphics ‘shopped on.

http://shedfire.posterous.com/private/exsteJEvkq

rOcKeTdOg

Our steel frames have been delayed. I think that’s all. I can’t think of anything else. Massive problem? Hm.. It’s been quite annoying, but thats it really.

so, hardly massive or a problem, just annoying

mountainman123 a competitor or disgruntled customer?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just a a big gob I think RD…… 🙂

popstar
    Free Member

Aren’t those chainstay links -Lapierre- style to strengthen/stiffen rear triangle? Still remember few problems with Fuel EX in that area.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i quite like the look of the prototype.

as for standover, Brant is about 8ft tall, i’m guessing he’s got plenty.

if you’re a bit shorter, get a smaller frame… surely?

i’m very, very keen to try the 29er. and it sounds like i’ve got time to save up. perfect.

bigjim

I think its interesting that these days people’s opinions of a bike are based on how it looks, not how it rides. Looks like a bike to me, in fact I quite like the way it looks, but I own a trance, which isn’t very ‘niche’.

LoCo
    Free Member

Lower link on the rear end?

GHill

Hidden by the chainrings.

firestarter
    Free Member

Looks quite nice to me and I’m intrigued by the suspension travel concept too. Then what do I know I didn’t even know those cranks were now classed as old lol

Oh and who needs stand over when your stood on the pedals 😉

konaboy2275
    Free Member

I think its interesting that these days people’s opinions of a bike are based on how it looks, not how it rides. Looks like a bike to me, in fact I quite like the way it looks, but I own a trance, which isn’t very ‘niche’.

That’s what I was thinking, apart from owning a Trance…

I’ve just bought some ‘new’ cranks like those, seem to do the job ie. propell the bike in a forward motion when I pedal!

rOcKeTdOg

anyone who buys a trance for looks also buys rose tinted Oakleys too surely?

kiwijohn

I’ll take one as is thanks Brant. Especially if you call it the FFS.
    Covered in mud, who cares what it looks like as long as it works.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sorry, if I’m shelling out £1200 on a frame, I want it to look alright.

But all that doesn’t matter as its only a proto…

mountainman123 = ragleyrider (that idiot from the other week?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Ragley FS Prototype’ is closed to new replies.