• This topic has 19 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ragley Blue Pig….questions questions…..
  • handbrake
    Free Member

Just about to take delivery, and wondered if the bearing and disk mounts are faced? If not, how much would I expect a LBS to do the work?

Ta

wors

where did you order from?

Just ordered one from CRC due to land tomorrow.

markd
    Free Member

Not faced.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

They might do it for free if you buy the gear from them. If not, a fiver for a few facings…?

ton

yes they are………
    wors, they are crap……… 😉
    wot size…….you could ride mine on sunday if you are out…

wors

18in, not out though i'm afraid.

markd
    Free Member

well the ones we have had have not been faced so i speak purely from our experience.

some may have been although i think it unlikely.

i would assume the shop who sell you it would face it FOC – we would.

ton

sorry, i apologise, my pig came from chevin… 😳

markd
    Free Member

and btw… they DEFINITELY need faced. The painty person has been rather generous on the ones we have had through.

ton

markd

what shop are you by the way………. thing is i am looking for a new lbs

handbrake
    Free Member

I've got a 16 inch from CRC…..hope it's not too small. Sadly theyve run out of the skwosh 😥

markd
    Free Member

thebikechain.

we are undergoing some major web re-development as of next (this actually) month. it wont be a CRC type thing. in fact…. quite the opposite.

come visit if you are in the burgh.

oh and i would charge you £50 for the mech as i like to round up! hate pennies! 🙂

wors

how tall are you handbrake.

handbrake
    Free Member

5'10" take a 32" inside leg jean 😯

nbt

I asked Brant when i got mine and he reckoned the QC on the early models was good enough that they didn;t need facing, so I haven;t bothered on mine. running old style Hope minis (165 rear rotor) with no apparent problems

nbt

I'm 5'9", 32" inside leg, my 16" fits like a glove

handbrake
    Free Member

Looks Good…..Can't wait to get it built.

What length stem is that nbt????

nbt

In the top pic, it's a 90mm stem, which was replaced by a 75mm stem for the lower shot, as it's all my LBS had in stock for a "reasonable" price: I could have got a 60mm thomson but I didn;t have that kind of money available. I was umming and ahh-ing about getting this

Outland OS upgrade kit

It has a 50mm stem and proper lockon grips. I wasn't sure I wanted to go that short though.

justme
    Free Member

nbt are you showin up on sunday for tons ride as i would like a look at it g

nbt

Feeling ropey at the moment, and have been for a couple of days 🙁 but if recovered then yes I will be coming to Ogden Water and bringing the Piggie

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Blue Pig….questions questions…..’ is closed to new replies.