Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • RAF Fly past
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Following the Armed forces parade and fly past in Windsor we had a load of RAF Hawks fly over the house (in Witney, Oxfordshire), they were pretty low and in transit formation, it was a cool sight to see from the garden, but confused the dog! 🙂

singletrackmind

2 x C130 in formation holding pattern over the Solent for about 30 mins this morning .
    Nice little display as they were rather low due to air traffic restriction from Eastleigh , maybe 1000ft most of the time .

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

recovering at a mates house with hang over when i heard the hercules go over the house, no higher than 400ft and very close and did it a copule of times past.

My mates said theyve never heard me move so fast even with a hang over.

beej

Saw the two C130s over Oakley, near Basingstoke. Then 12-13 helicopters about an hour later over Basingstoke itself.

AdamT

I was on the long walk in windsor great park, so saw the whole lot of em. Was very cool. The formations were amazing, e.g. the characters”EiiR” formed by planes.

Scamper
    Free Member

Quite surprising considering the RAF are uncontactable after 4pm and get confused by Wednesday, if it being the end or start of the weekend 😉

Macgyver

3 flights of 3 typhoons straight over the top of Oxford town centre this morning. Dog was confused by the racket. Wish it had been the Lanc and the Spits. That noise gets me every time!

tonyg2003

Damn fly past delayed all the flights into heathrow by 30-40mins this evening (not a big royalist here)

Riksbar

Damn fly past delayed all the flights into heathrow by 30-40mins this evening (not a big royalist here)

Just be grateful it was just a pale shadow of 60 years ago

Coronation Flypast at RAF Odiham

(Flypast starts at about 5 mins)

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

my son had 9 eurofighters fly over his house near guildford today – plus a selection of others.

i missed it! 🙁

duntmatter
    Free Member

Weird sounding thing flew over N1 last night. Sounded like a helicopter, but more high tech and sinister…

?

Followed by smaller things. Drones for the Olympics?

hora
    Free Member

Loved the beebs commentator yesterday about the Lancaster dropping thousands of tons of bombs on Germany. He might as well said women and children in there as well….

mikertroid
    Free Member

Had many friends in that formation; well done, it looked tight!

I thought the BBC commentary was awful and the Sqn Ldr chosen to talk about the types really didnt do a good job.

Otherwise it was brill. Good to see the Reds after such a bad season last year.

renton
    Free Member

The lancaster and the spitfires came into the base I’m at on Friday night really low over the camp.

Then went off Saturday morning’ awesome sounding !!

renton
    Free Member

The lancaster and the spitfires came into the base I’m at on Friday night really low over the camp.

Then went off Saturday morning’ awesome sounding !!

soobalias
    Free Member

a friend of mine managed a snap of the hawks in EIIR formation over wexham park hospital,

i caught the nineship of typhoons as they passed work at 11:03

hora
    Free Member

We should hold a thanks to Russia day but that wouldnt sit well with Britains ruling classes now would it.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Plenty of those in Russia, you should move there.

hora
    Free Member

I’d prefer more of a Republic here thanks. Royalists, the Aristocrats and their staff can leave.

markrh
    Free Member

THE Vulcan flew over our house today! TWICE!! I ran around the garden like a five year old who’d drunk to much Fanta I was so excited 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘RAF Fly past’ is closed to new replies.