Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • RAF (career advice content)
  • renton
    Free Member

see that bomb the typhoon is dropping!!! ive been playing with them as a RAF armourer for the last 11 years and i love my job.

MTT i know quite a lot of officers with a carefree attitude and a lot use the forces to get even more qualifications, who wouldnt!!!

i would steer clear of the army as someone else has rightly said , you have a bit of life experince and wouldnt appreciate getting pissed about by some jumped up pongo!!!

i would seriously advise you to go down to the afco and see what they say.

good luck and if i can give you any more info please feel free to email me on stevierenton@hotmail.com

cheers

steve

p.s sooty and jim were you based at stafford then with tiswas as i spen 2.5 years down on 5 site beofre getting posted to cyprus!!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Renton – Whats that song you bomb heads love?
    A I’m an armourer, B I’m an armourer, C I’m an……..
    😉

renton
    Free Member

erm yes i think thats how it goes!!!! 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

MTT

Sorry, Missed the game 🙁

MicArms

Here’s my look on it.

Bit 13.5 years in the RAF. Always had a career in the armed forces while going through school etc. Being cabbagey , was leaning towards the Army. However , joined the local air cadets and thatled me to joining the RAF.

Trained as telecomms tech for 18 months, then got to first posting ,TCW.( tac comms wings) doing comms in the field along side the army. Like S+J was all over the place for 5 years, including the gulf etc. In 2 years 89-91, I was @ Brize the home base for approx 2 months out of 24) , otherwise constant field exs or OOA ops. Very busy time, I loved it.

Did Stornoway, for 2 years, then Cyprus for 2 and final 3 @ High Wycombe.

Came out after my 12 yr point as was starting to tire of military bullshit etc. Would do it all again tomorrow if I could have my time again. However, think long and hard why YOU want to join up….

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘RAF (career advice content)’ is closed to new replies.