Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Rachel Khoo – thoughts?
  • Pook

looks like interesting no nonsense food.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The woman makes me watch it. It holds little of interest. Asides from the obvious.

Pook

My mrs asked me to ask the STW hordes what they thought of her.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CHB

Only caught the last 3 mins. The fish supper looked pleasant enough.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Find here quite annoying. Especially The way she always goes on about how hard done by she is with her small kitchen and poor utensils and lack of space etc etc, just do you cooking in a studio if your struggling in your flat!!

bruneep

what does mrs pook think of her?

Peyote
    Free Member

Generates similar response as Jamie Oliver, slightly too smug, ‘hipster’ style esoteric friends, well spoken and gushes about food lots.

I don’t like.

emma82
    Free Member

My other half enjoyed watching it and found innuendo in just about everything that she said because she’s got big boobs. There was some nice food in there though and we are completely in love with France so thought it was good either way, big boobs or no big boobs.

Muke
    Free Member

Fail….. she appears to of added Capers instead of Chips 😉

ianven
    Free Member

Was she cooking?

brakes
    Free Member

not seen the program but saw a trailer and saw her on something else and thought it wasn’t worth watching and I guffed in her géneral direction.

tomhoward

I like her food, Not too sure about her though, apart from th’obvious.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Pook +1

It’s all been done before and to be honest I do find her a little condescending and annoying

Maybe I’m just not hip enough to understand it….

Pook

mrs pook likes her.

jools182
    Free Member

Slightly annoying. Very much reminds me of early Jamie Oliver programs with all the scripted ‘I’m so cool, look at all my cool friends’ bollocks

She’s not as attractive as she thinks she is either

On a positive note the food looks good

rOcKeTdOg

She wears nice shoes

boxfish
    Free Member

Much like Lorraine Pascale’s program, the food looks pretty good.
    Much like Lorraine Pascale’s program, the incessant, cloying blather makes me turn it off.

anagallis_arvensis

Her accent cracks every once in a while. No one says “wiv” and “supper”. What the **** is supper anyway?

willej

Very bright lipstick.
    Nice looking food.
    Mmmmm, food…

Reluctant
    Free Member

Get a life………….. it’s just some cookin’ bird on the telly 🙄

Peyote
    Free Member

Get a life………

Is it just me who reads this with a very strong Southern Irish accent a la B’witched everytime I see it?

Yes? Okay, sorry, as you were…

wallop

I have watched 56 seconds on iPlayer. Far too much soft focus BS for me. Off.

mandog
    Philby

She seems to have an inordinately large range of kitchen appliances despite her supposedly tiny kitchen storage – where does she store them all? Also seems to use some ingredients which your local Asda or Morrisons are unlikely to stock – she was cooking with some special type of lavender the other week.

willej

Also seems to use some ingredients which your local Asda or Morrisons are unlikely to stock – she was cooking with some special type of lavender the other week.

I’m pretty sure that’s because it’s a program about a British chef, inspired by Parisian cooking, filmed in Paris?

kimbers

the trailers were so pretentious i have avoided it and will continue doing so

maccruiskeen

Also seems to use some ingredients which your local Asda or Morrisons are unlikely to stock

I do tire a bit of how often she says “If you can’t get this hand strained, blue furred goat’s cheese just use dairylea triangles instead”

Philby

I’m pretty sure that’s because it’s a program about a British chef, inspired by Parisian cooking, filmed in Paris?

But she is actively encouraging viewers to cook the dishes as she is always referring to the recipes on the BBC website – oh and there’s a book to sell as well! So unless you pop over the channel for your food shopping or happen to have a deli close by that stocks these ingredients you are likely to be disappointed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also seems to use some ingredients which your local Asda or Morrisons are unlikely to stock – she was cooking with some special type of lavender the other week.

Is that a bad thing? Plenty of places to get the more obscure ingredients these days.

Pook

like waitrose

King-ocelot
    Free Member

She reminds me of Kirsty Alsopp only a bit different looking and making unappetising food rather than unappetising crafts.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like, MrsBouy likes. We’re a bit piccy and poncy about our food, so she fits in well in the Bouy household.
    Nice shoes luv, nice outline, nice eclectic stylee, nice place to live, nice happy lifestyle, doors she ride a bike? Hmmm…what tyres for Parisien cobbles? RR’s down to 25psi, I wonder what she would look like on a bike, with a basket..

“sits pondering”

Mark

Going to ban some people for the stupid mysoginistic posts. Some people just can’t help themselves. You are posting to a large public audience. You look stupid. Please develop some respectable self control or sod off our forum. You are boring the rest of us normal people.

I’ve cleaned up this thread. If there’s anymore ‘I would’ type posts the posters will be banned for two days.

jota180
    Free Member

Rachel Khoo – thoughts?

Islington TV for the Guardian set

DrJ

She seems to have an inordinately large range of kitchen appliances despite her supposedly tiny kitchen storage – where does she store them all?

That’s a question similar to the one I ask whenever I’m in a flat in Paris – where do people KEEP stuff? The average flat is not big enough to store a French woman’s person’s collection of handbags.

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 🙂

trailmonkey

Islington TV for the Guardian set

what’s wrong with that ? they pay their license fee too don’t they ?

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I think she has watched the film Amelie too much!
    [/url]

hora
    Free Member

I was watching/talking about this last night during the programme- her USP isn’t strong enough for her to stand out.

Shes just a nice person who happens to cook in a small flat/kitchen with those awful Moorish tiles that a Fashion student would have. It/the programme doesn’t stand head and shoulders (or stand out) above other cooking programmes.

Take Rick Stein (I’m not a fan)- however his Spanish food Odyssey was amazing to watch/enjoy.

Raymond Blanc (as above – not a fan) but hes recent programme in Alsace was amazing- not just the scenery but the food.

As for her looks, cute.

neil853
    Free Member

I like her food and the way she’s enthusiastic about it. But being totally honest I think she’s really hot too, definitley a good looking girl

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Rachel Khoo – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.