Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Raceface x type BB stuff
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to get the bottom bracket removal tool, bearings and bearing removal tools?

billysugger
    Free Member

Anybody?

Maybe I’m being daft, maybe the hollowtech tool fits everything?

DezB
    Free Member

HTII tool fits RaceFace BBs, yes. See here (unfortunately: sold out)

I’ve got a (Goldtec, I think) bearing removal kit I’ll sell you cheap, if you want one.
    To be honest its far easier just to buy a new BB.
    Got loads of spare BB bearing cups just sitting in a drawer.

billysugger
    Free Member

Might leave the bearing tool for now and just strip and regrease. There’s no play it’s just a bit noisy sometimes due to the terrain I ride most on.

I was going to buy the HT tool but wanted to make sure.

Thanks Dez.

messiah
    Free Member

Any HT2 tool will remove the BB assembly. To remove the bearings I use a hammer and punch. Be very carefull when removing the plastic cover/spacer bit as you want to reuse it. Then bash out the bearings carefully as well. I bought my replacement bearings from kaesae (search on here.. or Katec/Airborn10101 on ebay). Fit new bearings with hammer/vice/etc, have a cup of tea.

john-b
    Free Member

Get the x-type bb upgrade kit from mbbearings.co.ukEnduro bearings Race Face X-Type Replacement Bottom Bracket Bearings + Seal Kit Enduro Bearings Uprades these Outboard BB Bearing Systems: Race Face X-Type & Shimano…

billysugger
    Free Member

Thanks guys

bm0p700f
    Free Member

Well I bought the Race Face X type bearing removal tool for the shop from Silverfish. The plastic covers are avaialable from silverfish as are the new bearings but 6805 bearings are avaialable from any bearing shop. E-mail if you are stuck. If you want the bearing removal tool then it is about £60 I think. I can source them if you want. The plastic covers will probably break so its best to order spares.

e-mail at workshop@thecycleclinic.co.uk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Raceface x type BB stuff’ is closed to new replies.