Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RAC Tyre change
  • fozzyuk

One for the massive.

Better half has a flat tyre with kids in car. She's walked home and I was going to bike out and change it after work.

Just thinking though, we're actually in the RAC and all that, do they come out for things like changeing a tyre ?

Ta

genesis
    Free Member

Yes. Imagine the Daily Mail outrage if they abandooned woman in car with kids 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Crazy idea, but how about you ring them? Possibly before someone has to walk home?

Geronimo
    Free Member

I suspect that a large proportion of their call-outs are for flat tyres.

I've even heard of MEN calling-out the RAC/AA to change a wheel for them 😆

Changing a wheel should be part of the driving test.

uplink
    Free Member

I've even heard of MEN calling-out the RAC/AA to change a wheel for them

It's in our Ts & Cs at work that we must [if possible] call the RAC to change wheels
    I never have [TBH – I can't remeber the last time I needed to change a tyre] but we're supposed to

tiggs121
    Free Member

Agreed – basic maintainence should be in the test.

iDave
    Free Member

should not every woman and psuedoman should have one of these in their car – for such situations?

FG
    Free Member

One of my mates had to call out the RAC to change a wheel. Four blokes in the car and none of us could unscrew the machined-in wheelnuts. 😳

hainey
    Free Member

Yes, the most common call out is for changing tyres.

As an aside i believe it is illegal to change the drivers side (i.e. nearest to carriageway) wheel on a motorway yourself.

atlaz
    Free Member

FG – Don't feel too bad. Friend of mine doesn't even know where to start with taking a wheel off. He always calls the RAC/AA.

Pook

i pulled over once to change the tyre of some pensioners who were struggling with theirs. They gave me a bottle of wine for my efforts.

fozzyuk

She's walked home anyway hence no rush. Just a sudden thought that if I call the RAC I could save fitting in a rubish job after work 😉

Rich_s

"As an aside i believe it is illegal to change the drivers side (i.e. nearest to carriageway) wheel on a motorway yourself.

The only "rule" is a "do not" rather than a "MUST NOT"
    – do not put yourself in danger by attempting even simple repairs

In reality, the tragic wombles will come along, close the inside lane (for about a day, natch) and watch you struggle with your nuts yourself…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RAC Tyre change’ is closed to new replies.