• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What SS frame?
  • kinger

Am thinking of the options for a nice, but not too expensive SSpeed frame to run rigid or around a 1200mm fork – a regular frame that would SS with a magic gear would also be lovely …. obvious suspects would be a Simple, Sanderson etc but considering trying the Singular Hummingbird.. on a wet evening in, I could do with some ideas 🙂
    Ta
    Stu

shortcut

i have recently got a Simple and really like it! All the bike you will ever need.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i love the look of the singulars. would like one too!!

epicyclo

SS on a 29er is so much better than on a 26". Just seems to work better.

Plenty over-priced Americana.

Loads of options from On-One.

Hard to go past a Singular Swift though.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I have a Cotic Simple, and I love it. It is such a smooth, well designed frame, looks great. Out on the trails I find it really makes me smile on the technical stuff, it is easy to flick about and lift up, jump. I really recommend it.

CountZero

You could do much worse than the Haro 650B singlespeed, a complete bike for around £500. 650B is a perfect wheel size for average size riders, better rolling than a 26er, but not as heavy to get up to speed as a 29er. Bike proportions look better, too. 650B is just the old standard 27 1/2" wheel brought up to date; I had those size wheels on my first grown-up bike, a BSA Star Rider. If I could fit them, I'd have 650B wheels on both my hardtails, but the wishbone stays won't allow it.

Shackleton

If you want to 69 then you could try a Carver bike or a Hummingbird. Cheap too and I think the Carver dealer lurks on her (manchester trev). I had a love/hate until a week ago and loved it. I'm now awaiting the delivery of a singular swift. But if you want cheap then you can't fault the on-one frame fork combo.

kinger

I'd try something with one, or both, big wheels but have a great set of 26" wheels ready to be used….

ssboggy

simple, get a simple 😀

carlphillips
    Free Member

why not a slot drop inbred, they look pretty good in the green now, looking at one myself just a min ago, cheap as chips.
    if it rides half as good as my 456 i'd be happy..

gonetothehills
    Free Member

+! for the slot drop inbred. What's to lose? They really are very good (and a nice colour).

kinger

thanks all – how has the new INbred build gone – do you need to get chaintugs too?
    A Simple would be perfect if I can get a 2nd hand one as not keen on the new colours…
    Cheers
    Stu

firestarter
    Free Member

lots to choose from at decent prices. Ive had inbred . Fisher rig. Singular swift all lovely bikes that ride well. Also had an inbred set up as 69er very nice too. Currently waiting deliver on a surly karate monkey been wanting one for ages 🙂 bang for buck tho id get a used rig as you can pick em up cheap as so long as you dont mine big wheels. Other than that the haro 650b looks a good bet 🙂

JRTG
    Free Member

got a ss trek 69er for sale its a totally awsome bike! best of both worlds!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-singlespeed-trek-69er-bits-maverick-29er-forks-stem-and-wheel

cubeboy
    Free Member

Ive just got a Charge Duster SS. My first foray into single speeding and am loving it! I have now swapped the rigid forks out for a set of 100mm Rebas. Tried a friends on-one and a cotic simple but found the Charge the best fit for me a price for the whole bike.

Smee
    Free Member

1200mm fork – you taking the piss? 😉 You probably want a Chopper. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What SS frame?’ is closed to new replies.