Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Quidco – What is it and has anyone on here used it?
  • mangoridebike

Hi

I’ve heard a few things on here and elsewhere about Quidco, I’ve had a quick look at the website and it seems a bit too good to be true. Am I missing something?

Also has anyone on here used it and what benefit did you get out of it?

Cheers

Cougar

Not Quidco, but I’ve used topcashback, which is the same sort of deal.

Log in to the site, click the referrer link to be sent to whoever you’re buying from. Once the order is processed, you get a kickback. It’s usually chickenfeed but I got like £100 quid out of them when I signed up to Sky.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve been using it for a few years, earnt over £400 so far.

Simon

I’ve used it for purchases from Wiggle, CRC and other well known retailers. Cashback came through quickly for these. 🙂

Used it for insurance and breakdown cover, around £50 cashback for each. Both were a few months ago and although they’ve tracked they’ve not been verified yet, so no cashback yet. 🙁

I got £80 back on what I’d spent at just Wiggle and CRC recently.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I use topcashback, it’s great, money for literally nothing. claimed back over £200 so far.

thejesmonddingo

Wife uses it,might as well get some cashback.
    Ian
    PS Can take a while for some to come through

vinnyeh

When I remember. Got £150 off vodafone last year for a new mobile. Car and home insurances I’ll try and use them. My account shows I’ve had £675 since Feb 2007.
    It’s a bit like an afilliate site- you know when you click on a link on the stw homepage to crc and buy something, then stw gets a percentage- quidco give the money to you, less an annual fee. For some products (utilities, insurance) that percentage (which traditionally would have gone to a broker, say) can be really quite high, and make a considerable difference to the cost of the product.

mangoridebike

Cool

Sounds like something I should have found out about a few years ago –

Still at least I can do something about it now

Thanks

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just renewed my insurance (see http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/insurance-silliness )

I’ll be getting £45 cashback for simply clicking through from Quidco

Also we need a new washing machine so, assuming I can’t get a better deal elsewhere (ie directly with someone not with Quidco), I can get 3% from lots of retailers so another £17 there.

And I buy things (inc all food shopping for the family) on my cashback credit card (which is paid off in full every month). Just got £130 off my January bill.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I use it and it is great, especially if you need to buy a few things or are planning on changing energy suppliers.

From memory we had £120 for getting Sky HD (which we wanted anyway). £100 for changing banks (which was simple and painless) and £60 for changing to British Gas electric.

Plus loads of smaller amounts from buying on the net, Play.com and the like.
    They take the first £5 (or could be more now?) of the cash back you earn, but if you don’t earn anything they don’t take anything so it really is win-win.

ericemel
    Free Member

Use quidco all the time – got over £500 back so far. Bloody awesome.

5lab

yeah I’ve also been doing it for years – £1200 cashback so far. Win

thebunk

I use them. Really good for bigger buys, like holidays, insurance, breakdown cover, broadband etc. The only problem is remembering to go through quidco all of the time.

Catch wise, it’s a fiver a year that they take out of your earnings, and I’m not sure if I like the fact that yet another company know what I have been buying and can use it for marketing and demographic witchcraftery, but at least this one pay me for it…

Xylene
    Free Member

6 quid for aa or rac with the cashback

Dangerboy
    Free Member

much love for quidco from me, apparently I’ve saved £1,865.54 since I started using it… 😯

teddy
    Free Member

how do you get the cash?

They pay it directly in to your bank account.

Rich_s

Some good wins for hotels and wotnot on there too. Hotels.com gets 12% – we’re off away to a wedding soon and the “special guest rate” was 129 squids – booked via quidco and using a discount voucher got us there for 81… Money for old rope.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

used it since last feb and had £300. Once they receive the money from their ‘partners’ who you’ve shopped with they transfer it to your bank account via BACS. I set mine to transfer once i receive £50 or more. Worth it for £5 per year. Money for nothing!!

cxi
    Free Member

I’m over £200 up with TopCashBack.

mrchrispy

it’s honestly a win win situation, give it a go.

Adders69
    Free Member

Quidco is my ‘new frame piggy bank’ – £160 after 5 months (must try harder) so just another £1400 to go … 😯

Chris.H
    Free Member

I’ve been using quidco for a few years now, I’ve had nearly £1300 paid by using it. I look at as an added benefit when I buy something, although the biggest earners have been mobiles at £120 each and insurance at £40 to £50.

Generally get about a tenner a month from it just using places like CRC, Play, wiggle etc.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Quidco – What is it and has anyone on here used it?’ is closed to new replies.