Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quick Straw Poll – Paint Prices: Help Needed!
  • Coyote
    Free Member

OK, very quick and easy. One word answer needed.

Paint, 5 litre tin of. John Lewis 5 litre tin, £51.50.

My thoughts are “Extortionate”. STW Hive Mind?

Extortionate

Reasonable

Bargain!

Stu_N

Fuckaduckisitheroinwhite?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hextortionate, unless it is some special paint

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leffeboy

Seems normal. Buy a small tin and try it. Some pricey stuff is awesome, goes on easily and covers stuff up. Some is just pricey

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Dulux trade is the best paint and it’s around £30 for 5 litres at B & Q with a trade card.

Anything dearer is a waste of money, less can be a false economy as you can dilute it quite a lot to do 2qp thin coats rather than one thick.

enfht
    Free Member

Yeah but you get the extended warranty with John Lewis meaning you can take it back when it peels off the walls

jonba
    Free Member

John Lewis aren’t a big paint manufacturer so I’m guessing it’s toll manufactured by someone else, whether or not that someone else is anygood is a complete guess.

For that price you could be going to a dulux decorating centre and picking up trade diamond matt which is really good quality* and lasts well. Dulux trade is thicker/more concentrated (higher PVC) so covers better with less effor (although I think the main reason is that all painters seem to want to thin the paint back so they just remove some water to make them feel like they have control over what they are doing :-)) You can really scrub the diamond stuff and its suitable for kitchens bathrooms, high use areas or anywhere you don’t want to paint again in a hurry.

*Biased because I work for AkzoNobel, All views my own. I do however use Dulux to paint but mainly because I get a massive company discount.
    I work in industrial coatings (bridges, oil rigs etc. not decorative).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick Straw Poll – Paint Prices: Help Needed!’ is closed to new replies.