Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quick ebay buying question
  • aracer
    Free Member

Saw something I’d like as an auction with a BIN price as well. Was just about to go for the BIN when somebody put on a bid so the BIN disappeared. Have contacted the seller and he’s still happy to sell at the BIN price. I presume the only option is to go off ebay and pay him direct by Paypal – I can’t see any scam here, as it’s not the sort of thing likely to net many victims (and anyway it’s a low value item, not the sort of thing you’d scam on). Just wanted to check whether I’m missing anything?

highclimber
    Free Member

go for it if you were willing to pay the BIN price and he’s willing to sell.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Morally questionable and against Ebay policy, but that’s probably not what you were concerned about.

luffy105
    Free Member

No actually. I thought that would be he only way until yesterday. I was selling a wrench and it had a bid on it for 99p. Bloke emailed me and asked if I’d take £30. I said yes as it was a fair price but was worried about ending early as don’t really like breaking the rules etc….

The buyer simply bid on the item until he was the highest bidder and then I ended the auction early and clicked the ‘end auction early’ tab and then the sell to highest bidder. Then after the end I was able to send the buyer an invoice at his bid price plus add the difference to make it up to £30.

Whole process took me 5 mins, I got the price I wanted and the buyer was protected by PayPal. Everyone won

aracer
    Free Member

Morally questionable because I’m diddling ebay out of their fees? ebay have had plenty of money from me, and I’m sure their morals don’t extend to paying as much tax as they could. My morals are certainly that flexible. – are you telling me yours aren’t?

I’m fairly sure I still get Paypal protection which is pretty much as good as ebay for the buyer at least – wasn’t planning on paying by Paypal gift!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quick ebay buying question’ is closed to new replies.