Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Question re iPad
  • Trekster

Can the iPad face to face app connect to/with Skype users?
    Or does Skype need to be downloaded/installed?
    Toss-up between new laptop or iPad choice 💡

brassneck

You’ll need Skype – and an iPad 2, the original doesn’t have a camera.

ericemel
    Free Member

Skype video works fine with other users on the ipad2

Yes you need the skype app on your ipad2, but it is free

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

You can call Facetime to Facetime, or Skype to Skype, but not one to the other

Trekster

Skype video works fine with other users on the ipad2

Yes you need the skype app on your ipad2, but it is free

————————————————————-

POSTED 38 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    radtothepowerofsik – Member
    You can call Facetime to Facetime, or Skype to Skype, but not one to the other

Confused now!!

glenh
    Free Member

You need the Skype application to use Skype. Just like you do on a laptop, or any other device.

What’s confusing about that?

I’m not really sure how it’s relevant to whether you get an ipad or a laptop anyway. You can use skype on either. Surely much more relevant would be whether you intend to use a keyboard regularly, or more than one application at a time for example?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have an ipad2 – regularly skype to my girlfriend and family back home with them on their laptops

i have NEVER used facetime – despite my parents and my girlfriend both having facetime compatible apple devices ….

trail_rat
    Free Member

+ 1 for needing to use a keyboard and multi apps being a good reason not to get an ipad instead of a laptop ….

i use mine for traveling for watching movies and passing time in airports on internet its fine for that. soon as im trying to edit files or anything i fire up my works laptop – it just takes so long its a chore if your only trying to kill half an hour !

IA

ipad owners, pro-tip: with iOS 5, get ye to the settings and turn on multitasking gestures. Then a 4 finger swipe left/right switches between apps.

Makes, say, flicking between mail + safari, SO much quicker and easier.

AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

*****Hijack alert******
    Does anyone know of any good deals on the ipad on at the mo?
    It would appear that Apple have implented some sort of price fix on them.
    *****Hijack over & apols to OP*****

Trekster

glenh – Member
    You need the Skype application to use Skype. Just like you do on a laptop, or any other device.

What’s confusing about that?
    Cheers glen. `fraid I am not the brightest button on the shirt when it comes to IT stuff 😳 Re-read it and get it now 💡
    Kids have ipads, friends in Canada have Skype hence the question.

SBrock
    Free Member

*****Hijack alert******
    Does anyone know of any good deals on the ipad on at the mo?
    It would appear that Apple have implented some sort of price fix on them.
    *****Hijack over & apols to OP*****

Last Friday was black Friday apple were doing 16 gb ipad2 for £368′, back up to £399 now! You probably won’t find many discounted ones as apple know then don’t need to discount to sell them.

Had my iPad 2 for over a month now and can’t recommend one enough, it gets used everyday. FaceTime works well as does Skype both of which imuse regularly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Question re iPad’ is closed to new replies.