Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Question about nice watches
  • finbar
    Free Member

Dwonthemiddle, that TT Rolex is ace. Go and watch American Psycho, it might make you appreciate it a bit more.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Nah, he just spotted a handy upgrade opportunity!

Ha, knowing my old feller your probably right 🙂

Go and watch American Psycho, it might make you appreciate it a bit more.

Finbar, I love that film, but if I remember right isnt it based in the 80’s yuppie era ?

🙂 Look out in the “for sale” forum for a SWAP my ROLEX for your 29er thread

finbar
    Free Member

Finbar, I love that film, but if I remember right isnt it based in the 80’s yuppie era ?

Well, you might have to get some red braces and a nice business card to complete the look…

kenthompson
    Free Member

@Flip – that’s quite a sad approach is it not?! Getting a present aged 40 with the intention of passing it on after you’re gone…
    And @Dorset_Knob, How about one of these classic watches[/url] instead of forking out for a Rolex? Also – you don’t sound cynical at all!

nickswolves
    Free Member

If you like the Seiko / NATO strap combo above, check out the Timex easy reader range – see link here to what they look like with NATO strap http://badtofu.com/accessories/style-in-simplicity-timex-easy-reader/

IHN

Holy Thread Revival Batman!

gonzy
    Free Member

i have a bit of a watch fetish….
    was given this on my 21st…

this one for my wedding…

this for my 30th…

this is my everyday workhorse…

i have a load of others given as gifts and bought on impulse…
    wifey despairs when i’m sat there deciding which one to wear…

rogermoore

Did you have a sex change between getting married and turning 30?
    RM.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

One day… Radio controlled.

CountZero

Interesting to see this thread resurrected. I still have the Yokobies Seiko 5, but it’s been relegated to very occasional wear. I was left some money by my mum last year, so after seeing a particular watch that I really fell for, I managed to track down a brand new one in the UK, and bought it as something to remember my mum by. It’s another Seiko, an automatic, commonly called a ‘Spork’ by collectors, after its catalogue number, SPR043K1.
    Lovely watch to wear, I love it to bits, cost me £350, the most I’ve ever considered spending on a watch.
    I tweaked the regulator myself, and after a month and a half, it’s averaging about +5 seconds.
    The photo isn’t of mine, but mine is identical, including the strap, and it’s a better photo than I could take;

The lume is very bright indeed.

julians
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a suunto ambit, its a gps watch, its a great gadget, but quite large, you probably wouldnt want to wear it every day.

onewheelgood

Woppit, I’ve got one of these
    After 5 years of daily wear, the ceramic still looks unmarked. It’s useless in India though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My latest addition is this;

Now sporting a Timefactors Nato strap.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have had one of these for 7.5 years & I still love it!

Don’t get me wrong I do still get watch envy occasionally, but it would have to be a very discreet watch to give me the real horn 😉

joeyj
    Free Member

Wife bought me a tissot t touch for my 30th seven years later its still going strong on the original battery. Great watch can’t fault it

enduroforever
    Free Member

bryan-g-

4 animal, the pipeline is the newest, the oldest the one with yellow strap and faceis about 20 years old and indestructible Breitling is a genuine fake and the Ambit is the newest.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Question about nice watches’ is closed to new replies.