Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 236 total)
  • Python eats pet cat
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Tankslapper's cat earlier

G
    Free Member

I defacate at will…… am I irresponsible too? 😯

PS: Any of my neighbours who complain about my cat are offered the choice of Cat Pepper or a Super Soaker at my expense. Seems to be fine with them, and the cats made it to 16 without any undue psychological problems,.

tankslapper
    Free Member

PMSL @ianmunro

But you've missed a very important point that cat's alive!

I defacate at will…… am I irresponsible too?

What? In your neighbours 'back yard'?!! 😯

G
    Free Member

Well Cat pepper doesn't work on me, and he dosn't walk so well since the Super soaker incident, so whats to stop me ?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cats are the best thing since sliced bread, it's a fact. Dogs are bloody woeful creatures, noisy, generally disobedient, smelly, demanding. Cats, on the other hand, are quiet clean and calming. Kicking any animal is pathetic, regardless of reasoning. And for the record, as a long term cat keeper, our cats never shat in anyone elses garden – they had a favourite spot in ours, and all the studies about cats killing birds are remarkably questionable in the scientific basis. Just as questionable as if I did a study to find out how many people had been bothered by neighbours dogs barking at studid times of the night, leaving dog eggs, peeing on things etc. Having any pet is a luxury, I cant believe we are going down the route of rating their antisocial levels.

hugorune

"I cant believe we are going down the route of rating their antisocial levels."

Really – this is the STW chat forum. What do you think goes on here?

nickc

What's going on then?

tankslapper
    Free Member

coffeeking

And your experience is what? Anecdotal?

You have two cats, it's hardly a representative sample is it?!

The British Mammalian Society study was based on 986 cats living in 618 households. Not conclusive I grant you but better than 'my two shat in my own garden'

In a five month period the moggies in the report took a total of 14370 species. I think that even if someone would have wanted to skew these results then the skewing would be down not up with cat owners hiding the fact that they are in charge of a very efficient killing machines.

My guess is that cats may be one of the main drivers in urban areas for causing population collapse in a wide range of fauna – I say collapse as I recognise cats as not the only culprit but the ones likely to finish the job off – I'm sure someone can come up with scientific proof on that one.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And for the record, as a long term cat keeper, our cats never shat in anyone elses garden

You have ABSOLUTELY NO WAY of proving that, unless you follow your cat around 24/7

MrAgreeable

This thread is like a bar fight in a Western. People come in trying not to get involved, but then someone spills their drink, breaks a chair over their head, or punches their wife in the face, and it's fists a-flying. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Just got back from taking my lurcher cat hunting, no luck this time. Whats happening here?

DaRC_L

Ahh good this thread reminds me – must feed the snakes tonight.

They eat mice not pussy though…

G
    Free Member

My pythons more of a pussy fancier to be honest…

aracer
    Free Member

Cats are the best thing since sliced bread, it's a fact

Not quite so good for making sandwiches with in my experience.

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL!

Toddboy
    Free Member

We don't mind cats coming into our garden. Makes for good viewing when they see our bull mastiff running toward them.

Bloody amazing how fast a cat can clear a 2m fence! 😆

zokes
    Free Member

So, is me kicking a cat more or less cruel than someone else letting their dog attack it? For starters, it would have to be a very daft cat not to have moved by the time I got to it, and I hardly move at bull mastiff speed!

MrAgreeable

Zokes, your repeated bumping of this thread seems like a cry for help. Just out of interest, when was the last time you spoke to another human being? 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

About 1 minute ago when she asked me to make breakfast.

However, just like a useless politician, you're still failing to answer the question

MrAgreeable

she asked me to make breakfast

You must be crap in bed mate. 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Yet still no answer? Could it be that kicking a cat that's daft enough to still be there by the time I get to it is less cruel than letting a dog kill it?

MrAgreeable

Go and make your wife/girlfriend/transvestite/sheep breakfast. There are more important things in life than the internet.

taka
    Free Member

my neigbours dog attacked my cats twice now its at the top of the feild 8)

anagallis_arvensis

So, is me kicking a cat more or less cruel than someone else letting their dog attack it? For starters, it would have to be a very daft cat not to have moved by the time I got to it, and I hardly move at bull mastiff speed!

Yes IMO. However I wouldnt let my dog attack a cat, I just have to be aware it could happen and take measures to prevent it, but my risk assesment has decreed that leaving my dog unattended in the back garden is acceptable. In all my years of dog ownership I've only had a dog kill a few rats and a pidgeon in the back garden. If I owned a pet python my risk assesment would change as I'm not sure a python would be so friendly to small children or as easily noticed by a cat.

Now can you please shut the **** up?

zokes
    Free Member

Now can you please shut the **** up?

No.

But why can't the cat owners take responsibility for their pet and keep it out of my garden?

As has been said numerous times throughout this thread, cats can be trained if the owners put the effort in. By training them not to enter my garden, they'd mitigate the risk. Alternatively, I'll carry on my form of training until they learn.

my neigbours dog attacked my cats twice now its at the top of the feild

I do hope you didn't attack a defenceless animal, as surely that would be cruel, and a_a will threaten you to make him feel like a hard man

G
    Free Member

If I owned a pet python my risk assesment would change as I'm not sure a python would be so friendly to small children or as easily noticed by a cat.

I don't quite beleive I'm reading this! So are you saying that pythons or for that matter cats are a greater risk to children in the UK than pet dogs???

You see there you have it bloody dog owners never seem to understand how dangerous and annoying their pets are to other people.

Hands up everyone who has ever heard of either a cat or for that matter a python savaging a child in the UK. Now compare with documented cases of dog attacks.

zokes
    Free Member
    anagallis_arvensis

But why can't the cat owners take responsibility for their pet and keep it out of my garden?

I have no idea I dont and never have owned a cat ask those that own these problem cats, dont kick the poor cat. I may be many things but I am certainly not a hard man nor do I want to be I do however have a temper when provoked by certain things, amongst them is mindless cruelty to animals.

convert

I once beat the living crap out of a lad I found repeatedly kicking a cat he had cornered for (literally) kicks. But then again I also did the same to another young lad that threw a lit banger at a mother and her young toddler in a push chair and also an older bloke in the middle of a road rage incident smashing in the car of a terrified young girl (I lived in a nice neighborhood!) so I'm not discriminatory. However, I would never use force against an animal.

What separates us from other animals is our power of reason and logic and our ability to understand and reason right from wrong. I have no issue(although many others would) with exerting violence against humans that have that choice and choose the anti social path but doing the same to an animal unable to make those decisions is imo inhuman.

Mr Zokes, I'm sure you could imagine the reaction if we were ever to meet!

nostoc
    Free Member

re snake gang attack teenager

I think I'd be more scared of a gang of youths armed with cats.

zokes
    Free Member

Mr Zokes, I'm sure you could imagine the reaction if we were ever to meet!

Blimey, I make that three or four 'people' on here now actually threatening me with direct violence. You're all exceedingly brave to do so over the internet. Is this how you behave in real life? Someone has a different viewpoint to you and your only response is to resort to insults or direct violence? It seems in quite a few of your cases, if I were to kick a cat / dog, i'd be kicking the more intelligent party…

convert

Dude, If I saw anyone kicking a cat or dog, there would be afters – nowt special for you! You can have all the viewpoints you like, I'm not bothered – but as soon as those viewpoints step over into the sort of actions you advocate, fists would fly. And yes, this is how I behave in real life.

anagallis_arvensis

As opposed to you threatening violence against an animal that knows no better because you dont have the stones to talk to the owner.

I've tried to resist the temptation to swear up until now but its getting tougher, you either need a sound kicking yourself, mental health assistance or pity I cant decide which.

tankslapper
    Free Member

How do you make a cat go woof?

Pour petrol over it and set it alight!

(I love the smell of burning pussy in the morning)

gpilling
    Free Member

Interesting my cat eats snakes and shits in the neighbours' houses.

mt
    Free Member

I love using force against animals, then I pick em up, pluck em(or skin), gut em and eat em, after a period in the oven normally. Love to listen to all the brave animal loving folks on here who are never cruel to animals while buying there plastic wrappped meat down the supermarket. Bet they don't slap the bloke around that's just put a bolt into the head of their Sunday roast just before the creature does the hanging electrode dance.
    Ever fancied watching the mass slaughter of chickens? now that pure cruelty in action. This is just an observation of the double standards in our society on all sorts of levels that everyone is guilty to a lesser or great degree.
    Cats are mass wild life killers and no amount of "my fluffy on does sweet smelling messages in my garden" type rubbish can hide that. However when you consider how expert we are at killing each other and animals then protesting or defending a cat seems like the wrong target.

BillOddie

Would seem rude for me not to wade in.

Cats = Apex predator introduced into a ecosysrtem not eveolved to cope with them. They are horrid shitting things too.

Cat owners = stupid.

Pythons = on order.

convert

I for one am not defending any cat. I'm more concerned about twonks who apply unreasonable violence to an animal to try and "teach it a lesson". Animals don't have that sort of rational thought process and humans should know better. Even as a veggie I'm prepared to acknowledge the killing of animals for farm and food purposes is easier to justify and a very different scenario – if a wooly leftie veggie like me can see that, I really can't see why a red blooded type like yourself can't. I agree though that the plastic wrapped chicken generation has rather lost its connection with the world around it.

nonk
    Free Member

i used to tie fireworks to em.

anagallis_arvensis

Ever fancied watching the mass slaughter of chickens? now that pure cruelty in action

Never been to a chicken abbatoir but have been to a sheep/cow/pig one, I dont think its cruel certainly much less cruel than kicking an animal. Whatever a cat may do the fault lies with the owner, if you havent got the stones to take it up with them then you just need to get over it.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Python eats pet cat’ is closed to new replies.