Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 236 total)
  • Python eats pet cat
  • bassspine
    Free Member

zaskar – Member

Apparently the neighbours son realeased their turantla in the garden and it hasn't been found…

Nothing to worry about, someone's cat has probably eaten it.

ITMTS someone's snake has probably eaten it 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

Cat's only try and hide their shit if they're not the dominant cat around, otherwise they'll leave it where they like – little bastards

stuckinarut
    Free Member

what about the dogs that crap into plastic bags and then leave it dangling from a tree? Dirty feckers.

takisawa2

Bloody brilliant – where can I get an economy pack of pythons.

LOL. Tesco value ones are blue & white striped. Easy to spot.

My old dog (Westie-Jack Russel cross) killed a cat once. Grabbed it by the back of the neck & shook it, literally just a couple of times before I could stop him. I felt bloody awful about it. The dog was so placid & soft, (my nieces used to put him in the pram etc). Was a real shock to see him react like that. I tried to trace the cats owners for weeks but got nowhere (No collar or datatag).
    People forget that any pet is essentially a wild animal, the instincts never really go away.
    The snake is in no way to blame.

zokes
    Free Member

love it when people say "cats always shit in the middle of my garden"..doesn't happen. Cats will always try and cover up their doings, it's a well known fact.

Perhaps you could tell the ones round my way that? One even tried doing it in the middle of the lawn whilst I was trimming my hedge. It was very nearly the first Manx cat in North Wales. Next time I catch it, the least it'll have to worry about is its tail going missing 👿

Must have been some macho hard man, or new age hippy who owned the snake anyway, it's cruel to keep such a creature in captivity, which is essentially is. (being in a glass tank most of the time)

With the exception of hunting, or trying to find a mate (if it's male), all snakes do is sit around and perhaps bask anyway. Compared to keeping a pack animal on its own (e.g. a dog), that's much less cruel. Anyway, how cruel is it to have sweet little moggy terrorising the local wild bird population?

0091paddy
    Free Member

Kick it in the head then zokes, I'm sure that way you'll alter it's mindset so it thinks "oh, better not poo here, that nasty man will kick me"..

Seeing as some users on this thread are scared of having a cat come into their garden, try doing something about it, put in a motion activated sprinkler, so that way whenever the cat comes into your garden, it'll get a a soaking and run off, failing that plant some Plectranthus caninus, which is a minty weed that cats don't like, that in turn will keep a cat at bay.

Cats are also domesticated, so the idea that they terrorise the local bird population is one we'll just have to get used to, cats eat birds, birds eat worms, and so on.

Moses

and worms grow up into pythons that eat cats. Great, isn't it?

zokes
    Free Member

Cats are also domesticated, so the idea that they terrorise the local bird population is one we'll just have to get used to

I assume you've informed the birds then, in your new world order where it's possible to do what the **** you like because you own a cat?

cats eat birds, birds eat worms, and so on.

Spot the flaw in that natural food chain 🙄

try doing something about it

Why should I have to do anything about it? It's not my cat, so I'm not going to spend any money on it (with the exception of possibly buying a python). Perhaps I should come and crap in your garden, and see how long it takes for you to get tired of it, eh? That would be me being proactive and 'doing something about it'.

20 years ago it was socially acceptable for dogs to crap everywhere, yet now it's not. Why are cats different?

MrAgreeable

You can – and should – stop your cat killing birds (the clever ones at least), by fitting it with a bell. I'm not sure what you can do to stop snakes killing, well, anything smaller than them that they can get hold of. As one person put it, they are a very large predator with a very small brain.

0091paddy
    Free Member

If you are wishing to have a discussion about food chains, I could continue, but I'm off out riding in a tick so I'll not bother, me saying that was merely an obvious fact that you already know.

OK kick the cat, remove it's tail, do as you wish. After that's over and next doors kid kicks his football over continually, what you going to do to him?

Cats can only be litter tray trained.

IanMunro
    Free Member

20 years ago it was socially acceptable for dogs to crap everywhere, yet now it's not. Why are cats different?

Whereas now it appears to be socially acceptable to stick in a bag and dangle it from a tree.
    Progress indeed 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

After that's over and next doors kid kicks his football over continually, what you going to do to him?

Keep it. I need a football, and it would save me buying one 😀

Sandwich

Cats can only be litter tray trained.

Piffle, cats can be trained in the same way that dogs can. Granted it may take a little longer but it can be done. With care the animal can be trained to stay off worktops etc.

anagallis_arvensis

It was very nearly the first Manx cat in North Wales. Next time I catch it, the least it'll have to worry about is its tail going missing

you really do come across as a pathetic little man, you know that right?

zokes
    Free Member

you really do come across as a pathetic little man, you know that right?

No more pathetic than a cretinous cat owner who thinks little moggy is clean, tidy, and would never do anything any harm.

You also have mistaken me for someone who gives a crap (pun possibly intended)

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Intentionally left blank 😕

after posting on wrong topic!

zokes
    Free Member

I'l never forget the loud crack it made when the stone I threw hit him on the head.

Thereby demonstrating that you too are just such a bully picking on something smaller than yourself

EDIT: Nice edit, Doctor…

TheDoctor
    Free Member

I was only 9 at the time though

zokes
    Free Member

Is there another topic about cat-bashing at the moment? Must be a big issue in that case…

anagallis_arvensis

No more pathetic than a cretinous cat owner who thinks little moggy is clean, tidy, and would never do anything any harm

No actually a lot, lot more pathetic and whilst you dont care, you better hope you dont harm a defenceless animal infront of the wrong person.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Yeah meant to post on this one

Other cat forum link

zokes
    Free Member

Defenceless eh?

Guess the cat had better hope it's never caught doing that to a defenceless bird in front of the wrong person.

(Are you not seeing the parallels yet?)

zokes
    Free Member

Yeah meant to post on this one

Clearly a very big issue in that case….

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Clearly a very big issue in that case….

Yeah people like to pick on small animals that cannot realistically fight back, it makes them feel big!

MrAgreeable

Zokes, I'm just wondering why you should be so incensed about the fact that cats catch the odd bird?

Had you raised that bluetit from an egg, paid for its vaccinations and food, and watched it curl up at your feet and go to sleep every night?

Or are you just a really crap, obvious troll? 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Well a cat killing a bird and you kicking a cat are unrelated and I would hope you are more able of rational thought, but apparently not.

zokes
    Free Member

I'm just wondering why you should be so incensed about the fact that cats catch the odd bird?

I'm not incensed in the slightest, just bemused that some people seem to lead very blinkered lives about just what cats do, and therefore where lines of acceptable behaviour for cats can be drawn if looked at pragmatically.

Cat kills bird = it's just its instincts, no need to worry, plenty of birds

Python kills cat = it's just its instincts, no need to worry, plenty of cats

Those two scenarios are almost identical, but for the fact that the second encounter has less effect on the natural wildlife of this country than the first. Neither cats nor pythons are native, wild creatures in this country, but the birds moggy tortures and kills for fun are. At least the python was probably hungry…

As for your bluetit analogy – I'm not daft or irresponsible enough to raise a cat. I guess the bluetit's mother feels differently about her chick…

PJ266
    Free Member

I think, and correct me if im wrong, its called playing devils advocate 😉

(this activity seems a popular one on this here forum)

MrAgreeable

I guess the blue ****'s mother feels differently about her chick…

So according to you, you can only care about things that come out of your own body?

mt
    Free Member

"cats catch the odd bird" or other small creatures.
    How many is odd?
    How many cats out there hunting?
    How many animals do they kill a week?
    How many is that a year?

If there is one 1 million cats in the UK and they kill one creature a week, thats a bit more than "cats catch the odd bird". There is many more cats than 1 million I suspect.

MrAgreeable

mt – Member

There is 1 million cats in the UK. And they kills 1 million birds a week. Cats bad. Me no like cats.

mt
    Free Member

null

Sorry can't make the link work. Just found this:

The RSPB estimates the free roaming cats kill five million birds and 220 million other animals every year in Britain.
    Research shows cats will roam up to a kilometre from their home says Rob Cameron of English Nature. They can do enormous damage to wildlife.
    There are about 10 million pet cats. Double the number of 20 years ago

anagallis_arvensis

whats cats killing birds got to do with zokes trying to be a tough guy when one shits in his garden, what the rspb say about cat shit?

mt
    Free Member

Don't know on the rspb cat sh1t but imagine it will not be plesant.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

cats kill five million birds ………. every year in Britain.

There are about 10 million pet cats.

I'm crap at maths, what's that ……. each cat on average, kills one bird every two years ?

Considering most birds killed by cats are song birds, and the average amount of off-springs which a pair of song birds produces every two years is say, at least 12 ? That would suggest that cats have an insignificant effect on constant wild bird population levels.

Certainly less than human activity I would have thought – loss of habitat, road kills, etc.

mt
    Free Member

but wild bird populations are not constant. I would put 5 million birds down as a lot but 220 million other animals as mind blowing, that 225 million animals! Pretty shocking. Human activity includes thoughtless cat ownership.

zokes
    Free Member

whats cats killing birds got to do with zokes trying to be a tough guy when one shits in his garden, what the rspb say about cat shit?

Nothing directly. But as I dislike cats for two reasons:

1) they $hit in your garden
    2) they are amazingly destructive to the local wildlife

These reasons are therefore interlinked in my posts here.

I tell you what, as you see no harm in the odd bit of $hit in your garden, let me have your address and I'll send you some by recorded delivery. Alternatively spread what you're saying around your garden to achieve the same effect.

So according to you, you can only care about things that come out of your own body?

No, but I fail to see how you can get so irate about me trying to discourage (perhaps over-enthusiastically) cats from being in my garden at all, crapping or otherwise, when you seem completely unconcerned about your sweet moggy torturing and necessarily killing wild birds. If you see no problem with that cruelty, perhaps we should cull irresponsible cat owners who can't see the wrongs of their animals instead, as obviously it's not moggy's fault….

mt
    Free Member

zokes – with you all the way on this. Would love to be able to solve the issue of visiting cats to my bit of garden in the same way that a farmer is allowed to solve the dog atacking stock problem.

anagallis_arvensis

I tell you what, as you see no harm in the odd bit of $hit in your garden, let me have your address and I'll send you some by recorded delivery.

tell me your email address and i'll happily oblige

MrAgreeable

I don't own a cat, just pointing out your bizarre lack of empathy. Are you doing a Glupton, and writing up this thread for your Open University psychology course?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Python eats pet cat’ is closed to new replies.