Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Pushed from bike by walker…
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

why can’t we all be friends.

Because in this country (and a few others) we’re all to preoccupied with who has the right to do what, rather than just acting sensibly. The OP was on a footpath, it’s not illegal but it is “cheeky”. He passed with plenty of room, the moron that hit him is in the wrong, to as much, if not more of an extent. But theres nothing you can do about it now, personally I’d have stood up and if I’d maintained my calm I’d have forced him into an argument about it with the hopes of making him realise he is a boob. However ultimately anyone who thinks pushing a cyclist off is an appropriate response is likely to only understand the feeling of chainrings in the teeth, so it’s better to walk off and remain a non-murderer.

epicyclo

Scotland looks better every time I see a thread like this. Makes up for the rain 🙂

I would have snotted him regardless of his size. I admire your forbearance.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I would have pretended to find a fiver in the vegetation… “Cheers mate!”

hora
    Free Member

I’ve just thought of a new horaism..

As long as I am hard in bed- thats all I care (and live) for

8)

yossarian
    Free Member

This reminds me of a similar incident a few years back. My wife and I were out on a ride and on a cheeky section when we encountered an oldish man and his wife coming towards us. We both slowed and moved into one side and as we passed the man leapt across the trail and pushed my wife off her bike. The front wheel spun, locked and she went over the bars and headfirst into a trailside tree. Fortunately she was ok except for some cuts to her neck and cheek, her lid was written off and one of her bar ends was snapped. I turned round to help her out and this guy was dancing towards me with his fists up. He was shouting about it being a footpath and how he was sick of bikers etc. He stopped when my wife took her helmet off and starting apologising because he hadn’t realised she was girl.

Now at this point I wanted to beat him to the point where he was pissing blood and I guess I had the right to, but he was an old man. If i had hit him who knows what the outcome would have been. So i didn’t, and I was angry with myself for letting it go for weeks afterwards.

I did one thing though, I took his glasses off and threw them a long way off the trail, i’d be surprised if he ever found them again, silly old coot 🙂

My conclusion is avoid assaulting people unless you have no choice in the matter, it ain’t worth the possible consequences.

hora
    Free Member

Ride on footpaths expect the ire of other users?

In other news the Pope confirms that he is indeed Catholic.

BigDummy
    Free Member

My conclusion is avoid assaulting people unless you have no choice in the matter

Genius. Give the man a nobel peace prize. 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Genius. Give the man a nobel peace prize.

takes bow

🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

In other news the Pope confirms that he is indeed Catholic.

did you mean “Does the Pope shit in the woods ?” ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He’s the Pope, he’ll sh*t just wherever he likes. What do you think he sits on in the Popemobile?

dave_aber
    Free Member

Scotland looks better every time I see a thread like this. Makes up for the rain [:)]

Just for the record – Scotland is terrible. I should know, I’ve lived here for 40 odd years. Please understand that you really wouldn’t like it. The rain is real, cold and generally horizontal. There is no Sun. The only warmth is from midgie bites. It’s a pretty boring place with nothing to do really. Not recommended for mountain biking. We can’t make beer, and you wouldn’t like Whisky (or Haggis). We have funny laws that you just wouldn’t understand. Come to think of it, you wouldn’t understand what anyone is saying either. Please, for your own sakes, just stay down in that there Englandshire.

ta 🙂

BoardinBob

We can’t make beer

Lies!

dave_aber
    Free Member

Lies!

Shhh!!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bob didn’t get your negative psychology did he?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mmm Orkney Dark Island, oooohhhh, im sorry i’ve just come!

meehaja
    Free Member

I know the patch of “northshore” you speak of… its great isn’t it? I had a stone thrown at me by a chap in his 60’s who shouted “you can’t ride here!”. Probably should have shown him the bouncy end of my bombers or something, but I felt yelling back “we can, look!” as we rode away was much more polite.

Why are people so violent/ aggressive all the time. I once had a land owner ask me not to ride a particular trail as it was heavily eroded and the large puddles were damaging the embankment causing mud slides. He promised he would rectify the situation when it stopped raining, but was concerned that a mud slide would damage his buildings below. Polite, friendly, and making a good point. he then suggested I try the footpath over the top of the valley as its really rocky and well drained.

spread the love people!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I wonder if it was the same guy? LOL! There are (thankfully) very few people like him around there as it isn’t prime ‘red sock’ territory. Unfortunately one is enough.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Pushed from bike by walker…’ is closed to new replies.