Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Pure racing 27.2mm seatpost
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Available when and from where? None remote version preferred.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bump

kinda666
    Free Member

Superstar??

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Leisure lakes have 'em Rob IIRC

carbon337
    Free Member

Do you mean the new i7 model with the underseat resevoir? Don't think the 850 is much kop but the i7 is the i900 equivalent. Bit ugly though.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Or possibly this:

http://www.blacx.eu/blacx/

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I do mean the I7 yes – with the ugly underseat reservoir.

scoobmw
    Free Member

Now available for pre-order at superstar finally 🙂
    Looking fwd to getting a hold of it 🙂 irrespective of it's appearance !!! Just want one of these that work to save the uppy downy seatpost stops 🙂

scoobmw
    Free Member

So has anyone already got one of these and got a remote lever kit and know how good the remote function is? Is it worth the extra dosh?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Waiting for the Roxshox effort now – Sept iirc.

scoobmw
    Free Member

They get a mention in this months MBR I see. Marked as one of the 50 MTB Essentials.
    Well I just hope the i7 is a good unit and turns up in the next week :-).

br
    Free Member

But the RS version won't be available in a 27.2.

malibu_babe_28
    Free Member

The email I had from Neil at Tibolts said first stock is out on 20th July.

Northwind

"scoobmw – Member

So has anyone already got one of these and got a remote lever kit and know how good the remote function is? Is it worth the extra dosh?"

I don't have one of these posts, but the only purpose a dropper post without a remote has is to give a glimpse of what you could do if you'd done the smart thing and got the remote. It really was crap, I remember riding down the wc course at fort william thinking "I really want to drop my post all the way, but if I take my hands off the bars I'll crash instantly", might as well not have had it.

jam-bo

At what point on the WC course did you think you'd need your saddle up?

Northwind

Never had it up, I had it lowered anyway but then the low position of the dropper was basically jump-bike low. Not really what I got it for but it was surprisingly useful, bearing in mind my total descent time is over 10 minutes :mrgreen: Almost as fast as Dan Atherton.

scoobmw
    Free Member

Tis a fair point Northwind, though may be some time before I can ride that course.
    P'raps in my next life 🙂
    never down any 'downhill' in my life so usually just reach a point where I want to put hesaddle down but get fed up having to get off the bike to do it.
    Pretty sure I'll be getting a remote though anyway.

Northwind

The remote's actually best for more general XC stuff, trail centres tend to be up or down but just riding "natural" routes you tend to get pedal pedal big rock pedal steep bit pedal random stone steps pedal pedal reservoir bank… Being able to just keep riding for that sort of thing is lovely, it just keeps things flowing and moving. For trail centre stuff it's usually the other way round, I use it for popping the seat up for mid-section rests and traverses and the like.

scoobmw
    Free Member

Yeah – that sounds like my experience in Torridon on random terrain and likewise in centres – I just can't take the sore back pedalling uphill with the saddle down.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pure racing 27.2mm seatpost’ is closed to new replies.