Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Pump Rage
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

So, there I am, at the petrol station, Sunday lunchtime.

Just filled up the car and my trusty aid was in the shop queuing to pay for the fuel, as I drive a Morris I have to stop a little farther forward of the pump than a car with the filler cap on the side but I’ve never considered that a problem, until yesterday.

I’m sat in the car minding my own business, looking around as you do, I notice that three out of the eight pumps are empty then a silver VW repmobile pulls up behind me. Then I see the driver waving his hands at me and mouthing something which appears to be “MOVE FORWARDS, MOVE, MOVE” so I turn my head to look at him and mouth “WHAT?” he then begins to wave at me as if to say “begone, get out of my way”, I look to the empty pump to my left and to the other empty pumps to my right and point at them, at this he starts getting more aggressive so I clearly mouth the words “FXCK OFF” at him.

I see something snap in his tiny mind and he undoes his seat belt, now I’m thinking “This MXTHERFXKER is about to get a petrol enema if he goes for his door”, sure enough he opens his door. Like a gun goes off in my head I open my door, jump out the car and start towards him, now he’s shorter than me by about 5 inches but broader and overweight, “MOVE YOUR FXCKING CAR” he proclaims, I reply “MY FRIEND IS IN THEIR PAYING, USE ANOTHER FXCKING PUMP” he retorts “MOVE FORWARD”, I reply “FXCK YOU, USE ANOTHER PUMP, WE’VE NOT PAID YET YOU CAN’T USE THIS ONE”, he replies “FXCK YOU”, Now I know I can tear him a new one so I start towards him, no doubt with a face full of murderous intent. He jumps back in his car and shuts the door. I stop, figure he’s retreated, he can sit in his car and pxss himself, I get back into my car listening to him half shouting through his fractionally open window “MOVE THAT PIECE OF SHIT”, and I figure, the guy is a prxck I’ll ignore him now, my humble assistant returns from paying and I drive off giving him the finger as I go.

Now, what the hell was that all about? after you’ve filled up do you move your car forward to let a waiting behind you to start filling up? its always been my understanding that the pump is still assigned to your car till you’ve paid for it? otherwise when filling up a jerry can you’d have to pay twice? thats never happened to me, was this guy just being a complete tool?

I would genuinely have stepped up to the mark and given him a proper hiding if he’d not got back into his car, purely on the basis that he, whoever the hell he is, has no god given right to tell me what to do or bully me into doing what he says.

I dunno, I’m not actually conflicted over this, if it happened again then I’d do the same, I don’t go looking for trouble but if it finds me I’m not gonna back down. That said I remember his face & his car…

perhaps I should look into some kind of anger management, what do you think?

RealMan
    Free Member

10/10

johnners
    Free Member

Now, what the hell was that all about?

It sounds like 2 complete idiots at a petrol station.

beamers

Bravo – top rant.

From my perspective whenever I am filling up the motor I see at as my right to take as much time as I see fit at the pump / in the shop paying / resetting the trip computer etc before I move my car.

I have paid a ****load of money for the privilege of using the pump therefore I’d like to get my money’s worth.

If that makes sense.

bigG
    Free Member

mentalist…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Only in Swindon…

MrNutt
    Free Member

agreed 😀

letmetalktomark

Good use of capitals, censored swearing, genuine anger coming from the text bravo 🙂

10/10

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Did you wee in his tank?

flyingmonkeycorps

Have to say, Mr VW sounds like a massive spanner, but I have been known to pull out the way of pumps when a station is busy…

Sawyer
    Free Member

Cheered me up on a Monday morning, nice one.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Actually someone else can technically use a pump when the previous person is waiting to pay against said pump…the previous transaction doesn’t have to be cleared first. Having said that, this guy sounds like a right jockey. What makes me laugh is when people insist on waiting in a queue of cars just to get the pump on the same side as their petrol cap, whilst ignoring unused pumps on the other side. Top tip…the hoses stretch far enough.

flyingmonkeycorps

Also I thought this was going to be about anger farts that lead to followthrough, so you lose a mark for that… But you pick up one because my second guess was mini pumps. So 8/10, you didn’t mash the keyboard or use enough exclamation marks for my liking.

soobalias
    Free Member

i give it a week till you are back on here bleating about how your crappy old morris has been keyed.

I’d have pumped petrol over his car then set it alight.
    Probably.

wwaswas

next time join your assistant when they pay and avoid all that unnessecary (sp?) confrontation.

Or if I was him, I’d have pumped petrol over your car and set it alight.

Mind you, that would probably just inflame the situation.

wwaswas

On second thoughts, is this all a part of MrNutts journey towards spirituality and inner peace?

ski
    Free Member

What a spanner (Mr VW)

I used to have a Morris too, tough as nails, one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Nice thing about the morris is that you can have a Minor prang in it without doing any dammage(no pun intended). 😉

I would have been so tempted to select reverse, cave his radiator in, then drive off 😉

Saying that, I did have a New Range Rover slam my rear end in a Morris once, trailerd his car, the Morris just left some rust dust on the road and drove off 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow what fine rutting stags you are both of you AWESOMEI cannot work out which one o fyo is the biggest fool tbh but I will say hoim as I am less likely to meet him in the real world and you sound quite scarry 😉

Rockhopper
    Free Member

It never fails to amaze me that drivers will only use the pump thats on the same side as their filler cap. I just love driving past two or three queueing cars then filling up from the “wrong” side. I’ve also never yet been into a petrol station where the hose won’t reach either.

richmtb

It never fails to amaze me that drivers will only use the pump thats on the same side as their filler cap. I just love driving past two or three queueing cars then filling up from the “wrong” side. I’ve also never yet been into a petrol station where the hose won’t reach either.

Yeah its a hilarious
    I once stopped at a petrol station in Aviemore and there must have been eight cars queing up for the right hand pump.
    I drove up to the left hand one and did a little pantomime where I looked like I made an error followed by fake amazement that the hose stretched.
    Everyone wating in the other queue probably thought I was an arsehole! Made me laugh though!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I like to pull up to pump on the ‘wrong’ side, then reach over with the ‘wrong’ pump which is on the right side

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Everyone wating in the other queue probably thought I was an arsehole

Yeah probably, after all, I do and I wasn’t even in the queue

McHamish
    Free Member

You should keep a petrol can full of water in your boot for occasions such as this.

next time it happens…start shouting and screaming…open your boot and take out the can and then pour it all over yourself….then stand on his bonnet holding a lighter while screaming at him “DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?”

crazy-legs

Not if you drive a van it doesn’t, no option on that to fill up from the wrong side. 🙁

McHamish
    Free Member

Disclaimer…if you also have a petrol can full of petrol in your boot…please ensure they are clearly marked.

maxray
    Free Member

Lol both tools. If I had someone paying I would vacate the pump to let the next person in. No need for bloke behind to be a coq either, both as bad as each other.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

A little old lady brought our local petrol station to a standstill once. She managed to park her Micra bang in the middle of the forecourt, equidistant from all the pumps. NONE of the 4 hoses she tried would reach! The guy on the tills was shouting instructions over the tannoy and the tiny lady hauling on the pump hoses for all she was worth.

I checked for hidden cameras before offering to help….

LHS
    Free Member

Have you not learnt yet that the best way to wind little pricks like that up is to just completely ignore them.

hora
    Free Member

If someone else is paying for you why not move forward?

Lad infront of me yesterday filled up, the decided to pop over to the cashpoint and then chose a mag before paying. All he had to do was pull into a space provided at the front of the store/station. You only get charged for leaving without paying if you actually leave the petrol station.

I didn’t flip etc. Just marvelled at why someone doesn’t understand what those spaces can be used for. (There was a queue of 2 behind me).

Don’t folk realise its courteous to move forward?

BTW- no I wouldn’t have an argument/fight in a petrol station over such trivial things.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

…I drive a Morris…

Giggles

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

johnners – Member

Now, what the hell was that all about?

Bet the CCTV is entertaining though!

Think I’ve found it Here

woody2000

The hoses don’t always reach 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfHUsP0Cl0A[/video]

trail_rat
    Free Member

most of the pumps round my way say in capital letters ” DO NOT MOVE YOUR CAR FORWARD UNTIL AFTER PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE”

might be different in englandshire though

RustySpanner

Following on from the Izzard clip……

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk_dC3ktuMw[/video]

MrNutt
    Free Member

class vid Rusty Spanner, HMHB rule 😀

hora
    Free Member

most of the pumps round my way say in capital letters ” DO NOT MOVE YOUR CAR FORWARD UNTIL AFTER PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE”

Theres one here in Manchester that says ‘please pay before you fill up’.

😆

LoCo
    Free Member

On our way back from Cumbria mrs loco and myself stop to fill up the car with petrol, she went into pay and was virtually chased out the shop after paying by the mentalist behind the counter accusing us of stealing fuel off him 😯 errr, we’d just paid for the fuel, we were both creasing up laughing as didn’t have a clue what was going on.

As for the only filling up on one side, what’s that about is’nt it totally obvious? 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Pump Rage’ is closed to new replies.