Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pull ratio of Shimano 11 speed compared to 10 speed
  • wesutf1
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anybody know what the pull ratio for the new Shimano 11 speed is, and if it is the same as the 10 speed stuff?

I’m wanting to upgrade to the 11 speed, but wondering if I can keep my 10 speed derailleur.

Cheers!

wesutf1
    Free Member

Bump…

D0NK

iirc no you can’t. Past experience would also suggest they would change it – again.

ahwiles
    Free Member

£5 says that it’s significantly less cable-per-shift, so that it’s more susceptible to friction, so that di2 looks more attractive.

(people will buy 11 speed because ’11’, and then they’ll buy di2 because it’ll solve all the shifting problems that accidentally got fixed on 10speed, but got intentionally re-introduced for 11speed)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Its significantly more cable pull apparently – 2.7mm vs 2.3mm for road, 3.6 v 3.4 for MTB

http://blog.artscyclery.com/science-behind-the-magic/science-behind-the-magic-drivetrain-compatibility/

I wonder if this means you could use Shimano’s Hydraulic STI levers with an old 8 speed system (2.8mm cable pull)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pull ratio of Shimano 11 speed compared to 10 speed’ is closed to new replies.