Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Puffer 2012
  • rickmeister

Just sitting in the kitchen with the wind howling outside and wondered who put a late order in for Puffer Weather..?

Catriona Shearer is talking about snow on the A9 so it looks like things are getting *nicely* worse for the usual survival ice/mud/slop/brakepad fest we are used to…

Our prep is going pretty well. I am pit gimp for a few teams and will be traveling up soon as will a few other folk I’m sure.. I know a couple of people off here who are also heading up this week.

It was good last year to get a few pics of the course and some idea of conditions… is anyone up and around the course?

How are other teams getting on with prep?

See you Friday….

sambob
    Free Member

BBC weather said 20cm of snow in The area between Fort William and Aberdeen, but Strathpeffer might escape north of that. If you’re lucky.

rickmeister

That was the tough one last year.. getting there, which looked a tougher proposition than getting round the course. If the A9 is closed I don’t know what a plan B might look like….

sambob
    Free Member

Plan B would look like this.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Im going round the course with the dogs later today Rick. I will take some pics and post up on here what the conditions are like. We had snow yesterday, but then it turned to rain, so I wouldimagine its going to be muddy

rickmeister

Thanks for that, showing a reasonable amount of snow on the forecast today… take it easy in the forest with all the wind today…

Sam, Plan B would work if Plan A lets you get to Lixx…. !

Chipbutty
    Free Member

A few pics from my short ride today. Fireroad climb was holding up well, a bit of slushy snow on the exposed open trails, but once under the tree cover it was all clear. By saturday we will have had a few more seasons worth of weather so anythings possible.

IMG00159-20120103-1046 by michaelpark41, on Flickr

IMG00158-20120103-1045 by michaelpark41, on Flickr

IMG00162-20120103-1052 by michaelpark41, on Flickr

Northwind

rickmeister – Member

Sam, Plan B would work if Plan A lets you get to Lixx…. !

I think Plan B is in Brazil now.

sambob
    Free Member

Used to see it every year on the way up to Fort William but it’s gone now 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Puffer 2012’ is closed to new replies.