Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pub Accomodation in Ludlow – Bike Friendly
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Advice please –

9 Cylists looking for ideally real ale pub B&B in Ludlow.

I have found a number of possibles but the problem seems to be storing / parking the bikes.

Alternatively if anyone has anu overnight bike storage advice in Ludlow.

Thanks in advance.

deep_river
    Free Member

Why dont you try Church Stretton, only 20 mins up the road from ludlow, you are close to Hopton, and right on the Long Mynd. There is a new mountain bike centre opened there, Im sure they will be helpful with regards to your storage. Plus lots of real ale pubs there!

Im not biased towards Church Stretton, Im from ludlow:)

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

deep_river

Starting from Church Stretton, via Long Mynd to Clun – day 1.

Clun to Ludlow – day 2.

Ludlow to Church Stretton – day 3.

Very mixed group so this is more a country lanes and pub ride, since you live in Ludlow what's the Church Inn like?
    They have rooms and suggest we chain up the bikes in the churchyard. I can't see those with expensive bikes going for that one !

deep_river
    Free Member

The Church Inn is a good old fashioned real pub. Great for ale, and a night with the lads type of thing. The church behind, is secluded, and not the sort of place people "opportunists" would stumble across. But all the same I wouldnt like to leave my bike chained up there!

Have you tried the Charlton Arms, its a great location, does real ale, a lttle bit less of a spit and sawdust type place, but they do have alot of outbuildings, maybe they could accomodate your bikes, if you have a few beers there. If they cant put you up, may be you could still stay at the Church Inn and drink in the Charlton. Only 5 mins stagger away.

I cant think of where else may accomodate bikes.

If anything crops up ill post here, Ludlow CC may help, have a look at their website.

nickjb
    Free Member

You could try the Cliffe Hotel. Its about 10 mins walk out of town. You'll probably need to walk into town for your beers, though.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Thanks for that info.

It looks like the same person owns / runs both the Church Inn and The Charlton Arms, so you may just have hit on the solution.

I'll get on the phone shortly.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

deep-river,

Result,

We are staying at the Church Inn and storing the bikes at the Charlton Arms, all booked. Owner is happy with that arrangements and I am sure between 9 of us he will be happy with the bar takings.

Thanks, Singletrack comes up with the answer yet again.

deep_river
    Free Member

Nice one, enjoy! Theres a great view down the river from the Charlton.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pub Accomodation in Ludlow – Bike Friendly’ is closed to new replies.