Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • PSA – Your job is at risk..
  • CashCowell
    Free Member

All you people that spend your working days posting away on here, keeping us all amused… be careful… your bosses might be watching you!

loddrik
    Free Member

Well I’ll be just fine then…

donsimon
    Free Member

And your evidence is?

derp
    Free Member

Yes….it’s STW that is the biggest threat to jobs at the mo.

CashCowell
    Free Member

Nope, not just STW. Economic tough times mean employers are looking for people to cull…

Dave
    Free Member

Cull? Seems a bit harsh when theycould just sack them…

igm

Posted on a Sunday.

bruneep

employers are looking for people to cull

what like a seal cull?

😯

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

May I suggest a career in intelligence or perhaps a constipated sherlock holmes impersonator.

4ndyB
    Free Member

I know his latest music hasn’t been a patch on his early stuff, bit culling Seal is a bit OTT don’t you think…

Houns

I’m paid to look at bikes/bike related websites all day

Onzadog
    Free Member

You might be putting the cart before the horse. I know I’m about to get binned so I might as well spend my time on here.

donsimon
    Free Member

Changing my name when I post is normally enough to confuse the dull *******.

Thanks

Dave

samuri
    Free Member

They don’t do it my looking for your name, silly.
    Bosses make sure everyone’s ethernet cable runs right under their desks and then in one of their drawers they have a little screen that shows themn everything their staff are looking at.

woffle
    Free Member

Intelligent use of a couple of proxies means work haven’t a clue what I’m looking at. Not that they’d care mind you…

mrchrispy

they don’t give a crap about STW…those donkey s3x sites…they tend to take notice of them.

donsimon
    Free Member

samuri – Member

They don’t do it my looking for your name, silly.
    To be honest it’s not my idea.

Nº 1
    Nº 2

😉

househusband

Surely most savvy employers would block anything with the word ‘forum’ in the URL…

Drac

Surely most savvy employers would block anything with the word ‘forum’ in the URL…

Not all forums use ‘forum’ in the url.

mrchrispy

and not all forums are for pishing about on

allthepies
    Free Member

Intelligent use of a couple of proxies means work haven’t a clue what I’m looking at.

Using a proxy is probably the equivalent of standing on your desk and shouting “I’m abusing the company internet policy” 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

haha. I’m not at work or worry about (!) or even think about work when I’m typing shite on here! you are officially DULL!

samuri
    Free Member

Using a proxy is probably the equivalent of standing on your desk and shouting “I’m abusing the company internet policy”

And any company security teams worth their salt will block access to known proxies anyway.

CountZero

Even with the various restrictions in place on the Internet at our place, I can promise you there’s no way they could see whatever sites I choose to go on, even the pr0n. And I don’t need proxies.

donsimon
    Free Member

Smartphones are great, aren’t they?

boxelder

That’s a relief – thought you’d found out about me and the big guys daughters!

samuri
    Free Member

I can promise you there’s no way they could see whatever sites I choose to go on, even the pr0n

Well unless you’re not using your company internet, it all depends how good they are and how much they want to stop you.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Smartphones are great, aren’t they?

+1

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry – is this news? I’ve been getting into trouble for internet access at work since 1998!

johnners
    Free Member

Well unless you’re not using your company internet, it all depends how good they are and how much they want to stop you.

Maybe they’re just handing him the rope?

I’ll have a word with my boss….

*talks to self for a minute*

He says it’s ok, I can do what the f*** I like.

CountZero

As the more astute among you have noted, smartphones are great.

Northwind

So while the OP might actually have a point, and just now lots of companies are thinking about how to get rid of staff without going through redundancies etc and this is a perfect excuse… If you’ve already done it and they decide to try this you’re boned anyway, so you might as well carry on.

aracer
    Free Member

My company has already done 2 rounds of redundancies. The first round more people in my job group applied for voluntary than the number of jobs they were cutting – several of those had already got job offers elsewhere so left despite not getting made redundant. The second round, nobody doing a job anything like mine got made redundant, and recently we’ve been struggling to get people onto our project to cover all the work we have. I don’t very often have time to browse or post when I’m in work. Thanks for the PSA anyway.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my MD sits there and checks what all the comps in head office are looking at whilst I’m chatting to him, he also has software that logs every single call in and out of head office – missed calls, people left on hold too long etc.

he also checks the various CCTV feeds on his pc too.

i would not want to work in head office for fear of breathing in the wrong direction and getting caught!

CaptJon
    Free Member

The economy if truly stuffed if the only criteria for sacking someone is the occasional use of forums.

woffle
    Free Member

And any company security teams worth their salt will block access to known proxies anyway.

Oddly I have the proxies with their blessing as the majority of the company are locked down very tightly and they got peeved with my numerous requests to have sites added to the allowed list…

(I’m in charge of web development amongst other things)

DezB
    Free Member

As the more astute among you have noted, smartphones are great.

So is being mates with the Comms guy who can set you up to bypass the security 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Dongle and laptop is another way around as is being your own boss.
    Surely if a company wants to avoid paying redundancy, they’ll be able to find a way, and excessive/unauthorised usage of the internet is difficult/impossible to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Maybe they can show what the computer was connected to, but not the user!

Drac

Maybe they can show what the computer was connected to, but not the user!

They login with their account, it’s their account that they are responsible for letting any one else use it will breach the conditions of most companies let alone allowing them to use for surfing naughty donkeys.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Your job is at risk..’ is closed to new replies.