Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA Wall-E's on BBC3 NOW
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Truly beautiful film, and surely one of the greatest works of animation ever.

Enjoy.

LeeW

Absolutely brilliant movie.

peteimpreza

Nice one Elf just set my Sky box to record from my sofa in Slovenia.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I assume you’re being ironic.

peteimpreza

Who me?

CHB

Wall-E is a film that really polarises people.
    A lot of people dont get it, but for me and MrsHB its one of the most beautiful films ever. The animation and little touchs are amazing, for a film with so little dialogue the emotions it conveys particularly with wall e and eva are fab.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Brilliant animated film.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

A 90-minute lecture on the dangers of over consumption, big corporations, and the destruction of the environment. Yawn

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

A 90-minute lecture on the dangers of over consumption, big corporations, and the destruction of the environment. Yawn

Erm, no; I was actually talking about a true masterpiece of animated cinema. If you cannot appreciate that, then you truly have no soul.

It’s an utterly gorgeous, sumptuous film. Watched it several times now, and every time I see something I haddunt noticed before.

Love the little details, the funny little characters like the OCD cleaning bot, and all the little bots with mental health issues thattuv bin locked up. It works on so many levels, this film.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Erm, no; I was actually talking about a true masterpiece of animated cinema

That’s the trouble with opinions. Everyone’s got one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Unlike souls, it seems….

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Actually if you want cute robots and an eco message then this is much better

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUsV5LP30rU[/video]

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It is a truly magnificent film.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

First half truly brilliant… The bit on the ship a bit more formulaic.

RustySpanner

uponthedowns – Member

Actually if you want cute robots and an eco message then this is much better

Can’t be – it’s art, so totally subjective.

And I’m not listening to that self obsessed god botherer Kermode bang on about film like he’s the only person in the world with any valid opinion.

Search for ‘smug’ and the first result is a picture of him and Simon ‘too big for Salford’ Mayo.
    Never, ever have I heard a pair of asshats so absolutely delighted by their own mediocrity.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

And I’m not listening to that self obsessed god botherer Kermode bang on about film like he’s the only person in the world with any valid opinion.

Don’t then. Just watch the film. I happen to agree with him on this one.

Jamie
    Free Member

I never knew Kermode bothered God? Stuff you learn, eh?

RustySpanner

uponthedowns – Member

Don’t then. Just watch the film. I happen to agree with him on this one.

I actually agree with you, Silent Running is possibly, possibly a better movie. 😀
    If Kermode wishes to agree with both of us, he can do, but he’s not welcome round here with his terrible autobiography and ‘I got shot with Werner Herzog’ T shirt.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

He seems to like Wall-E as well.

“It’s really good. It has a sense of wonderment… I was touched by it.”

Guess I just have a problem with Disney lecturing me about over consumption and corporate greed.

Kermode also mentions that he thinks Wall-E was influenced by Silent Running.

Film trivia alert. Earth temperature in Wall-E is a constant 72 degrees. Same temperature Bruce Dern’s character in Silent Running says it is.

CountZero

Then you and Komode have something else in common; no soul.
    I could care less about the ‘message’ regarding the environment and consumerism, it’s been done in film before; Silent Running, Princess Mononoko, anyone?
    No, it’s the relationship between the characters that develops through the film that is moving, and gives the film it’s heart and it’s soul, that’s genuinely affecting.
    If all you can see is the consumer/environment message, well, I’m sorry for you; you probably shrug and and say ‘so what’ about the opening part of Up, as well.
    Happy New Year uponthedowns.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust the opinions of a man who plays in a skiffle band. Is Kermode’s hair plastic like Max Headroom’s?

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Guess you didn’t read any further than my first post then. How you can say anyone who likes Silent Running has no soul is beyond me.
    Happy New Year yourself Zero!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah Happy New Year! 😀

I don’t care what you think anyway; you are wrong.

I love it, it’s one of me favourite films.

Ooh! Family Guy Return of the Jedi special!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I don’t care what you think anyway; you are wrong.

Back at yah matey

Ooh! Family Guy Return of the Jedi special!

Ah something we can agree on.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Robot Chicken Star Wars, that’s what you want.

kimbers

wall-es a lush film

kermodes a ****

silent running is dull and dated

happy new year one and all!

RealMan
    Free Member

A thousand times this.

brakes
    Free Member

great film let down by occassional moments of saccharin-tainted schmooze that, if you let your guard down, might make you get dust in your eye. needs more violence/ bad guys.

I always thought the child of Wall-E and Eva would look like Big Trak. Yes, that’s the kind of thing that entertains my mind. Robot sex.

Northwind

Stoatsbrother – Member

Aye. I did like the second half but the first half is just beautiful. I’d love to see it on the big screen again.

racefaceec90

+1 for the bigtrak pic 😀

bullheart
    Free Member

I love his cockroach mate.

When he gets squashed I bawl.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA Wall-E's on BBC3 NOW’ is closed to new replies.