Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA to all Argyllshire/Glasgow Darksiders!
  • 13thfloormonk

We spent a great day messing about on the roads around Arrochar, in particular the B839 Hell's Glen road between Lochgoilhead and Loch Fyne (here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=B839&daddr=56.232911,-4.97308&hl=en&geocode=FUKTWQMdiv20_w%3B&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=15&sll=56.230733,-4.96552&sspn=0.010711,0.027165&ie=UTF8&ll=56.217587,-4.93372&spn=0.042857,0.108662&t=p&z=13)

The road has been completely resurfaced, so if you're descending towards lochgoilhead you have a very long, smooth, fast and pothole free descent through a torturous little glen with plenty of interesting corners, including a switchback sent straight from the Alps.

We were climbing it unfortunately but the descent down the other side had some excellent corners aswell, tight enough to need some care but open enough to get off the brakes and lean in.

The descent from Glen Douglas to Loch Long has also been resurfaced, and is silly fast and steep.

All in all a good day! 😀

jimmy

Funny, I was driving to Arrochar today and I saw someone on a road bike and thought that really looks like 13thfloormonk…

13thfloormonk

Probably, didn't see any other riders out!

Hope that wasn't you pulling the insane overtake on the way into arrochar, I almost got wiped out by an AA van being forced to take a layby at speed to avert a collision… 😯

jimmy

There was one guy about 100m behind you in a red jacket. You were sprinting away from him 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

Sounds fun – might get colin to wheel the Uglipla into the area for a wee ride.

druidh
    Free Member

Tomorrow?

ojom
    Free Member

Heh- funny.

I very nearly took the executive decision to stay in the 'deen overnight and coming down to open at a relaxed 10 ish tomorrow. Then i had a word with myself and got in the car.

13thfloormonk

That was my mate on a borrowed bike learning all about 'the wall' 😕

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA to all Argyllshire/Glasgow Darksiders!’ is closed to new replies.