Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA, Quantocks riders local and visitors.
  • sharki
    Free Member

The Plough inn at Holford is under new management.

Brian and Sarah, welcomes Mountain bikers, muddy or dry any time they are open, which should be all day in the summer, unlike previous.

They will happily provide baguettes as well as full cooked meals and won't expect you to sit outside, unlike previous.

Also, if you'd like bikes to be stored out of sight whilst there, they can be hidden on request.

Of you do go in there whilst a tad wet, expect to be given a towel to sit on and be asked to sit by the open fire to warm up and dry off……

Enjoy!

peteimpreza

Excellent. Proper job!

knottie8
    Free Member

Best sort out a ride that takes in the pub then .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteimpreza

I'm free Sunday 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

Cool I am riding the Quantocks sunday best try it out then 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Best sort out a ride drinking session that takes in the pub weacombe then .

😉

sharki
    Free Member

singlecrack.

Best to check their opening times and if there's a group, let them know, you'll be calling by.

01278 741232

singlecrack
    Free Member

sharki

yeh thanks for the headsup will do

thekingofsweden

Good news will pop in over Easter,Bloomin parky out yesterday could have done with knowing that

cheers

judderman
    Free Member

'bout bloomin time someone decent ran that pub, last bloke was an arse 👿

rOcKeTdOg

maybe there should be a list of STW rider friendly pubs?

el_creedo
    Free Member

Good work – the old guy was a pillock, fancy sitting at the head of one of the South West's favourite MTB routes and not liking bikers!
    Years (and I mean like, 12 years) ago, it was very MTB friendly and I remember – at the tender age of 18, me and my mate Niall being most pleased with ourselves having a pint and some chips half way around our ride!

ononeorange

Good call. Heading down there at Easter with Mrs Ononeorange (but staying at another pub whose name I can't remember). Will call in for a beer at the Plough though.

oldfart

Hopefully a replacement for Stella's .
    Mr K if we are riding weekend after next best incorporate Plough into route .

sharki
    Free Member

OH! just another thing..

The new people running it are the step son/wife of the old grumpy sod himself.

Fortunately he agrees about the old boys lack of people skills, and on a plus side he does a bit of mountain biking himself, so perhaps best not to mention too much about the old grumpy git before them(like i did).

The Carew in Crowcombe still remains MTB friendly and offers accommodation and bike cleaning facilities(chipps will confirm).

The Hood arms remains the posh place to stay and eat.

Whilst the Bicknoller arms has yet been unable to provide me with reason to promote them to the Mtb world in a good way!

All three Pubs in nearby Nether Stowey welcome visitors, with the Rose and Crown, taking top spot for it bike cleaning/storage facilities and as he's bared most the locals, will be lacking in the country pub character.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA, Quantocks riders local and visitors.’ is closed to new replies.