Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • PSA Masterchef The Professionals
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Do you know the BASICS of how a business works?

The board RUNS the business. No one else below them does. If you answer to them then you do not RUN a multimillion pound organisation. You simply MANAGE a part of it.

Jesus, you harp on about being bright yet I’m fairly sure my dog would have a better understanding of such simple words.

Oh and you’d better remove that tag because it makes you look even more of a complete tool. 😆 Actually I’m starting to think that’s your intention?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Matt – you have no idea what the organisation was nor what my role was.

It was a nursing home. I was the registered manager. That means I had total managerial responsibility and control for everything that happened within that home which was completely separate from the rest of the organisation. . The umbrella organisation was a charity with a part time amateur board. They did not run the home. I did as a stand alone part of a bigger organisation. so to say I “I have run a multimillion pound organisation with a couple of hundred staff answerable to the board” is true.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

So a nursing home’s (with 200 staff – I cannot think any nursing homes with that many staff. Only nursing home companies that have a network of them) ultimate responsibility lay with a part time “amateur” board from a charity? No full time Chief Executive, no Directors? Was it not for profit by any chance? In which case, while efficiency would have been critical, I somehow doubt that it was there for the purpose of making money.

Laudable as that job sounds, that’s not what I’d call mainstream business which is what Tom Kitchin is running.

eth3er
    Free Member

Somewhere along the way talk on a television cookery show got diverted into a flinging grandstanding mine is curvier than yours. Tom can you start the site downtime now please. Sigh.

eth3er
    Free Member

Finally watched the finale, I’m pretending to be surprised. It’s been a very good show.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Is this the finale you watched?

“Masterchef”

eth3er
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjckqAU8IkM&feature=aso[/video]
    I laughed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

awesome thread.
    I cannot believe you present yourself like this on stw and work for your wifes run a PR firm beggars belief.
    my bro is a head chef he says they are all c0cks at work himself included as it is what tjob demands. If someone spoke to me like that in my work they would get sacked..go figure it is like different firms/areas work differently.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘PSA Masterchef The Professionals’ is closed to new replies.