Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA Lothian Buses… cancelled
  • ojom
    Free Member

People in town are saying that all Lothian buses are cancelled.

Not sure if it is 100% accurate so don’t quote until more info comes forth.

on_the_rivet
    Free Member

google shows their Twitter feed as confirming this. Has been a fair old dump of snow this am

Liftman

Yes it has been on the news, plus the police are telling all lorry drivers to pull over, its going to be a long day 👿

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I just came round the bypass from Juniper Green to Gilmerton and whilst not great it is passable.

Liftman

^
    Unless there is a bus stuck in the middle of the road

robgarrioch

If only I were in Embra to be disappointed by that… Now panicking in Glasgow with a whole lotta trouble comin’ on the M8 👿

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mrs TJ thinks the buses might be back on – or at least a few for a couple of hours to get folk home from work.

?She has her full winter mountaineering kit ( bar axe and crampons 🙂 ) and is only 2 miles away so she is fine.

I shall be cycling to work as usual tonight 🙂

GW
    Free Member

TBC stick Forth 1 on. 😉

Garry_Lager

Anyone know the score with the M8? The missus is at Newhouse needing to get back to Edinburgh and there seems to be confusion as to whether it’s actually open. It was shut at J2 earlier.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Garry – its doesn’t look like much is moving on teh M8

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/#

cynic-al
    Free Member

4 buses stopped on the Mound this morning (what happened its heating?)

No bike for me today…long walk home! 😡

Garry_Lager

Thks for the link TJ. Nothing doing at all Eastbound it seems. In fact the radio has just said that it’s shut at Harthill both directions. Could be a sleeping bag on the lab floor at this rate 🙁

ojom
    Free Member

GW – i am listening to it but my brain seems also to be seeping out of my nostrils also… odd.
    Changing back to R4 seems to stop it…

I didn’t realise the modern charts were so bad.

ojom
    Free Member

Think i will walk to morningside to collect the missus and shepherd her home. It’s now halfway up my greenhouse. The beans will not be happy.

13thfloormonk

Going through to Glasgae for a BRMC gig tonight, does that count as an ‘essential journey’? Trains still seem to be running albeit half-hourly.

ojom
    Free Member

Guid luck wi that Ian.

I would def take a hipflask as you might not get back. Plus Glasgow smells really bad and you will need to numb the pain.

dazzlingboy

Cleared a measured 26 inches of snow off the roof of my garden shed just outside Edinburgh this morning – worried it would collapse.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Interesting drive this morning. Was heading up to Glenshee for a spot of snowboarding. Dry when I left the house, but the M90 was pretty white and traffic was only doing 30mph. Eventually decided to turn round at Kinross, although with hindsight, I should have pressed on had known it would be clear North of Perth.

Took 4 hours to get back to Trinity from Kinross, most of which was spent sitting on the A90 between the bridge and Barnton. It was fine to drive in, but presumably someone got stuck on a hill up ahead.

Queensferry Road etc looked crazy heading westbound, so I’d stay at home if possible folks. There are a few buses around, but certainly nowhere near a full service.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i cant wait to get home from the 30/40 degree heat here to this carnage 😀

hels
    Free Member

I just saw an 86 purple bus in Edinburgh. Streets strangely quiet.

chriswilk
    Free Member

luckily I cycled today then. Otherwise it’s be a 12 mile walk for me.
    Almost everyone in my office has now left, only those that have walked here are left, and me.

Stu_N

I’m glad I didn’t get in today. Worked from home, much better idea.

Lothian Buses twitter is about the only thing of theirs on the web that is still alive:

http://twitter.com/#!/on_lothianbuses

Lothian Buses
    on_lothianbuses Lothian Buses
    1530 UPDATE: Services are now gradually being restored on most routes. Full details to follow shortly…
    29 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    »
    Lothian Buses
    1500 UPDATE: We’re assessing the road conditions at the moment. Stay tuned for further information as we get it.
    58 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    »
    Lothian Buses
    All Lothian Buses services are still withdrawn until we can reassess the situation. We hope to restore services as soon as conditions allow.
    2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lothian Buses… cancelled’ is closed to new replies.