Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA. Llandegla is shut –NOW OPEN–
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

PSA.Llandegla is shut, loads of trees fell down today. Did one black route lap setting off at 9am and starting the second lap the trail was closed but we did not see the signs 😉 They were turning cars away. About 6 trees had fell onto the paths that we noticed after the second lap, looks like it will take a while to move them.

BTW the tools who leave gel wrappers and Lucazade bottles etc. on the trails need to take their litter home, bell end’s. Loads around the trails. 👿

ste_t
    Free Member

Did the car park ticket hut blow away? They had a pic on twitter but wasn’t sure if it was a joke!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Yeh LOL, forgot about that. We said to the lad at the shed collecting the cash to park as we arrived “Your hut looks a bit ****” , it was literally flapping around and on its last legs then, the door had half come off and was stuck in the ground which was helping it from totally blowing away. On the way home, leaving the car park it was gone. 😀

liquid1000
    Free Member

we got round the black also, a tree was coming out the ground before our eyes bit scary! Can I also second the litter issue especially the twunts who drink red bull. Is it compulsory to lob your empty can on the floor after you have finished? I say this as it seems the same folk are repeating this practice at motorway junctions around Cheshire!!! Just to give a balanced rant can the git who dumped his tropicana orange on the red also go and pick their bottle up also please

project
    Free Member

off the llandegla website

*UPDATES – SATURDAY 21ST JANUARY 16:55 – ALL TRAILS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TRUE BLUE ARE CLOSED DUE TO EXTREME WINDS AND WINDBLOW*
    PROVISIONAL FOR SUNDAY 22ND JANUARY 2012 – TRUE BLUE WILL BE OPEN AS USUAL

THE OTHER TRAILS WILL BE CHECKED FOR WINDBOW/DANGEROUS TREES AM SUNDAY 22ND JANUARY. PLEASE POSTPONE YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE VISITOR CENTRE UNTIL AFTER 10AM – WHEN FURTHER DETAILS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE AND http://www.oneplanetadventure.com|

The “Old Blue Trail” is closed from Post 210 please note however that the “True Blue” remains open!

THERE IS A DIVERSION ON THE RED TRAIL FROM POST 73 TO 76

RIDERS MUST BE AWARE OF ALL MACHINERY WORKING IN THE VICINITY OF THE TRAILS AND MUST OBEY ALL DIVERSIONS SIGNS!

BEFORE VENTURING OUT TO COED LLANDEGLA PLEASE CHECK THE IMPORTANT DETAIL

BELOW AND ONEPLANET ADVENTURE WEBSITE- http://www.oneplanetadventure.com

gingerss
    Free Member

When will people realise that 10g for an empty gel pack, or more for a bottle is a serious weight penalty. How can i justify that when i just spent £15 on some carbon stem spacers. Besides, it just adds to the mess in the car and that all needs sorting by someone.

Seriously though +1 kkf. Selfish & inexcusable behaviour isn’t it?

elaineanne
    Free Member

geez well its been windy on the local trails everywhere i guess,,,
    yes im another one who doesnt like to see wrappers and especialy lucozade bottles on the trails….its so dam disrespectable 🙄 it happend to me when i was on the trails at whinlatter… a lucozade bottle threw itself under my back wheel and i was off my bike within seconds….gud job i wasnt close to an edge with big drop …otherwise i wouldnt be on singletrack no-more 😥
    put your litter in you camelbaks you lazy people …you know who you are 🙄

mintimperial

The Snowdon viewpoint bit at the top of the first black section was minging last time I was there, just after xmas. Bottles and plastic wrappers and all sorts, disgusting.

I wish this windy weather would **** off, I’m heartily sick of it now. I think we’ve had one weekend since mid-November when it’s not been blowing a gale around here. I’m sure it’s not normal, we’ve had wind turbines exploding and all sorts.

elaineanne
    Free Member

its the turbines that are making it too windy ! 😉

johnikgriff
    Free Member

We also rode the back first thing. had a moment when dropped onto the new b-line northshore and heard the noise of a tree snapping in 2 very close by. Fortunately it was 20m to the left, but was enough for us to cut it short and head back.

The litter thing is also really really pissing me off. A few of us are off to the volunteer trail thing this week. Already spoke to them about just walking a section each with a bin bag. Shouldn’t have to though…….

Aristotle
    Free Member

kingkongsfinger – Member

the tools who leave gel wrappers and Lucazade bottles etc. on the trails need to take their litter home, bell end’s. Loads around the trails

Llandegla has its plus points, but its popularity results in it attracting people who aren’t all 30-something, educated IT/engineering types who can ride like heroes ie. The British general public
    -many of whom who think nothing of throwing litter/sh*tt*ng on their own doorstep. Idiots.

terrahawk
    Free Member

bugger!
    thanks for posting this though. Me and the lad are supposed to be heading over there tomorrow.

anto164
    Free Member

Cheers also for this.

Had arranged to pick a buddy up at 8:45 for a full lap. Now to let him know it’s closed!

Superficial
    Free Member

lol – Who uses energy gels at Llandegla?

jedi

every trail center i have ever ridden is littered. bring it in take it out!!!

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

Concur with the anti litter posts, it really hacks me off.

terrahawk
    Free Member

lol – Who uses energy gels at Llandegla?

that’s what I was thinking! chuckle. There must be some top afleeets there or summink

xcentric
    Free Member

agree with the littering – but do any of us ever pick it up? Maybe we should all (me included) aim to take out more than we came in with, and that would help?

Jeffus
    Free Member

Its OPEN now, just posted up on their Facebook TRAILS OPEN

Sandwich

Let the gnar commence.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

i use gels at Llandegla, no time to stop and have a picnic with the loonies I ride with, two or three laps non stop is superb training if your going to do some races this season.

i do take my wrappers home with me as well. 😉

anto164
    Free Member

Sacked degla off, and rode the Marin trail instead. AWESOME singletrack and amazing views! brilliant ride.. Not that long though, as it was only hour 30 for a full lap :/

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Your all moaning about the litter….. Hmm, I bet not one of you took it up amongst yourself to pick it all up though did you!? 🙄

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Llandegla is shut –NOW OPEN–’ is closed to new replies.