Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA: Light deal
  • z1ppy

Many of you will have seen recommendation of Smudge and the service he provides, I’m one of any number of people he has helped over the years (though I’ve never met him).
    So he selling his V1 lights at a discount, well worth it if you starting out night riding or just want something that’s reliable with great backup support if need be
    http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/2012-lights-v2/mountain-bike-light-v1/

Reviewed by STW here (premier only):
    http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/grinder-bar-mounted-lights-grouptest/4/

PS: He’s still got an offer on his V2 light with ‘free’ rear light included (till 8th May)

nbt

I’ve got one of each (one for me, one for Mrs NBT). Brilliant lights.

Kryton57

Ooof. I have DX 900L and was looking for another for SITS. I reckon that V2 Helmet with the DX on the bars at Medium (400L) would be excellent for a couple of SITS night laps.

Can anyone comment on the V2 on a helmet? Weight? Usability?

nedrapier

And how do the 2 compare?

I’ve just hastily ordered a v1, but might see if I can pay the difference for a v2 if it’s worth it?

Thanks!

Kryton57

Visually ND I’d say the V2 is smaller / lighter, great for a helment mount.

nbt

Been using the v1 as a helmet light, it’s great. not had chance to try the v2 as a helmet light yet. running it at 50% gives plenty of light

nedrapier

well, email sent.

I need a new rear light too!

nedrapier

Happy days. What a nice chap.

“…

Thanks again for buying your light from me and please pass on my thanks to Paul for the heads up.”

And thanks z1ppy from me too. Been looking for something light(!!) and cheap for a while.

z1ppy

No problem 🙂

smudge
    Free Member

Firstly a big thank you to Zippy for the post this morning 8)

Secondly, an equally big thank you to everyone who has bought a light & also batteries from mtbbatteries today. Up to now 14.40 all orders have been completed and will be posted out this afternoon on a ‘First Class Recorded Postage’

Smudge

jonba
    Free Member

I’m after a new light but was wondering are these dealextreme lumens or real lumens?

Are they comparable in terms of brightness to the chinese cheapo ones or better?

z1ppy

Jomba real lumens, hense why it says 1000, not 1200-1800 as per eBay adverts, IIRC they were measured? (maybe)
    I’ve never seen a DX xml, so I can’t really compare, but they all use basically the same LED, so what do you think? Just bear in mind the LED is not the whole story, on how good or reliable the lights are. If you simply want the cheapest, go check out ebay or DealExtreme direct.

The whole story isn’t about selling the cheapest product, he took time to test these light before stocking them, as per ebay other fufill the cheap and cheerful market, try searching feedback for Smudge on here, he get fawned over so regularly it’s embarrassing :mrgreen:
    (for great service/help with lights, not having to fix these lights)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Light deal’ is closed to new replies.