Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • PSA Howies mens jeans in TKmax reduced from £95 to £16
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member
    toby1

You are aware that we are all fat and work in IT right 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

What’s so special about Howies jeans?

mrmo
    Free Member

stupid sounding question, what size are their 30″ waist jeans? i.e. how accurate are their sizes? i tend to be 30-32″ depending on manufacturer and could do with a cheap pair of jeans.

DezB
    Free Member

TK Maxx are now doing online shopping? That’s a surprise…

RealMan
    Free Member

Cheers, can’t really go wrong for £20.

duntmatter
    Free Member

I would but a lot online, but trousers? NO!

withersea
    Free Member

anyone wanting to try some on, have a look in the harrogate shop (if you are a size 30″)

float
    Free Member

bah, size 30, but the long would look a bit silly on me 🙁

Houns

What model are they?

chakaping
    Free Member

Look like the Warm 49ers cotton-lined ones to me.

I’ve got a pair and they’re great in winter.

njee20
    Free Member

Float +1

chakaping
    Free Member

You roll the legs up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

sizing is pretty std IME. A bit gutted as I never see bargains like this in store!

Not that I ever pay RRP…

geoffj

Not that I ever pay RRP…

😀

toby1

To answer the question of “What’s so special about Howies jeans? “

1) They fit me comfortably – this is something not a lot of jeans manage
    2) for a while they were doing them wide and short as standard, just the way I need them, I don’t have very long legs so 6 inches of turn-ups just doesn’t work before someone says just roll them up, so not having to have the adjusted is great.
    3) they aren’t pre-faded and treated with loads of $hitty checmicals so they are soft from day 1, I have a pair of cheaper stop gap jeans I bought from next recently and they are like jeans mixed with wood, solid, they could stand up on their own. I also hate – pre-faded and pre-creased jeans I’m more than capable if aging jeans myself
    4) howies jeans last me pretty well – most don’t last more than 3 months – howies will go up to a year.
    5) the indigo is really rich and they fade really nicely.

If you find other jeans that work for you then great, go for it – I like howies jeans, I just wish they would go back to stocking the size they need, but despite emailing to ask for it they just can’t seem to be arsed these days – shame as I’m sure you can see, I really like their jeans.

njee20
    Free Member

WTF do you do to jeans to kill them in 3 months?

I tend to only have one pair on the go at any one time and I’d expect to get at least a year!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

njee20 +1

richmars

£16 for jeans?
    £10 Tesco value for me.

MrSmith
    Free Member

they aren’t pre-faded and treated with loads of $hitty checmicals so they are soft from day 1,

untreated raw denim is not soft, that comes from wearing them and not some chemical/sanforized processing

toby1

I wish I knew, I’m pretty hard wearing on things in general – I don’t so much wear as destroy things 🙂

untreated raw denim is not soft, that comes from wearing them and not some chemical/sanforized processing

A good point, given that howies allege to not overly treat their jeans before they sell them they are remarkably soft straight from day one.

MrSmith
    Free Member

they might not do anything to them, that’s not to say the cotton mill doesn’t do anything to the denim 😉

CountZero

Only two pairs left, 28 long. Bugger.

butcher

I tend to only have one pair on the go at any one time and I’d expect to get at least a year!

I have jeans that I’ve been wearing on a regular basis for over 10 years… OK, some of them are looking a bit worse for wear, but the first year is nothing more than a ‘bedding in’ period really.

And all of those were from Matalan. £12.

😛

I did buy some posh Sainsbury’s jeans recently, but the fit was a bit dubious and I managed to rip them after a couple of months.

MrSmith
    Free Member

posh Sainsbury’s jeans

oxymoron

iain1775
    Free Member

Derby store has 28 and 30 waist in…..and one pair of 34″ Iong (and they are long, about 36″)
    I got a bit excited until I realised the length whilst in the queue to pay 🙁

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The 34 Longs would have been perfect for me – I thought mine were cheap for £40 in the Howies sale

still not as good as my alpkit Jeans though

RealMan
    Free Member

Got a pair of the 30″ L today, they’re ridiculous. Waist is actually about 36″ (measured). All my other 30″ jeans look tiny in comparison. They really are lovely though.

Anyone want them for £21 posted (eg: what I paid for them)?

London Stratford/Spitalfields? had loads of pairs in last week.

redthunder
    Free Member

Go to ASDA like anyone else. Fiver max for jeans. There JEANS FFS.

chewkw
    Free Member

I want some stretch jeans … 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

realman – interested, but will you provide pics and have they been bled?

😉 😛 etc

MrSmith
    Free Member

my 28’s turned up today and are more like a 30 (as i expected). i’ll get them properly hemmed as a turn-up with the jim-jams liner looks a bit odd.
    will be nice and warm in the winter

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Go to ASDA like anyone else. Fiver max for jeans. There JEANS FFS.

^^Style guru^^

redthunder – Member
    Go to ASDA like anyone else other 50 year old blokes who have lost touch with any sense of style. Fiver max for jeans. There They’re JEANS that your daughter would be embarrassed to see you wear FFS.

FTFY

kimbers

due to a persistently puking/vomiting child while stayng at the inlaws over xmas i was suddenly in need of some new jeans

only asda was open- didnt go for the 5 quid option, but the 12 quid pair were fine, infact they look just as good as my other branded jeans, ive even been asked what label they were a couple of times!! and 5 months on theyve worn fine

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

£12 quid for jeans? Whilst I admire your single-handed attempt to get retail spending back on an upward trajectory, you’ll win no friends here flaunting your luxury lifestyle. I thought we were all in this together!

😉

RealMan
    Free Member

realman – interested, but will you provide pics and have they been bled?

🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ive even been asked what label they were

Wow, awesomely shexy. 😛

tracknicko
    Free Member

my 30 / L that i ordered and as it says on takky maxx label

are actually 30 / R (as it says on howies label)

and realistically about 32-33 / 31’s

Shame, lovely jeans but a trifle short.

anyone get 28/L or 30/L that are actually L, and wanted something a bit shorter/wider?

odd request i know… but worth a shot

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘PSA Howies mens jeans in TKmax reduced from £95 to £16’ is closed to new replies.