Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA – HM Revenue & Customs
  • dropoff

Hi, I've just received 3 very official looking e-mails from HMRC informing me that my tax refund was ready for collection . Just checked with my accountant and he's not even put our books in yet. Be very wary if you get one of these. 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup this was on telly the other day – I think it was the news of watchdog I think – They ask you to put all you bank details in etc – Phishing email – never click on links in emails that ask you to enter your bank details – no company in their right mind wold ask you to do this IMHO!

dropoff

I must have missed it on the tele, normally spot these a mile away but this one is much more professional looking than most.

Drac

Wouldn't think twice about hitting delete if I get one, why would they contact you by email?

uplink
    Free Member

nobody, surely would fall for that?

dropoff

Drac, alot of returns are done online now. As for falling for it, I suppose it would be silly to presume the tax office would want to give you some money back. 😆

thejesmonddingo

Never mind the tax people,I've won $1,000,000,I've just sent my $250 security deposit.
    Ian

Drac

Yes I know, I wouldn't believe they'd email your for something like that asking for your details.

dropoff

I don't think they would, their e-mails are normally designed to make you cry sweat into your beer 🙄

IanMunro
    Free Member

I just got one saying i'll have to pay tax on all my secret accounts in Liechtenstein. Like, I'd fall for that.

crispybacon
    Free Member

always worth a quick check on the HMRC Website for the latest scams.

FYI HMRC will never contact you regarding a refund by email that's far too 21st Century 😉

dropoff

Hi CB, we've been scoping out some new exmoor routes if you're back down our way anytime soon.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hiya dropoff nice one, my mate wants to come back sometime soon to have another bash on Exmoor – hopefully not including some/most of those killer climbs on the Explorer tho 😕 – when we get our act together I'll drop you a txt/email & we can take things from there.

Happy trails

dropoff

No worries, look forward to it. We can get rid of some of the climbs but unfortunately not all of them. 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA – HM Revenue & Customs’ is closed to new replies.